Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

hello my beautiful nerds by HEXORCISM

Artist HEXORCISM [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
32 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

hello my beautiful nerds

Postby HEXORCISM » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:26 pm

this started off as like. a half-serious post and then i thought it was funny and then i ended up playing around w glow n stuff

hate to break it to you but i am not either one of those things. which is why i'm making this lmao. if you've been following me for. maybe the past 2 or 3 months. you've probably heard me mention faunasphere AT LEAST once. it was an mmo i absolutely loved.

and i recently learned that there is a group of people attempting to make a remake, similar to what happened to club penguin. except they're missing a bunch of assets. and... my sibling dragged this beast up from the basement a couple weeks ago. it. may possibly have cached files from whenever it was last used.

but it won't start. or, at least, it will not show anything on any monitors except for a second or two after turning on. and i know very little about computers despite what people think njhbnm. there's other stuff we need off of it too, but imo this is way more interesting than old photos and taxes and i think most people would agree.

i don't expect people to do my research for me or anything, just more of a. 'if you know you know' situation. y'know?
i would absolutely love any tidbits of info u wonderful nerds may have stockpiled in ur brains. thank u ily mwah
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: hello my beautiful nerds

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:37 pm

If it's an option, you could try to remove the hard drive, or I guess lug the whole thing if needed, and take it to Best Buy or a local computer repair store if you have one. They should be able to extract the files even if the computer itself is shot. Don't know where you live obvs though, so I'm not sure if you have a Best Buy or anything around you. I had a dead laptop that I couldn't boot up, but needed the files off of, so I took it to Geek Squad and they did it for pretty cheap.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:45 pm

Clockwork! wrote:If it's an option, you could try to remove the hard drive, or I guess lug the whole thing if needed, and take it to Best Buy or a local computer repair store if you have one. They should be able to extract the files even if the computer itself is shot. Don't know where you live obvs though, so I'm not sure if you have a Best Buy or anything around you. I had a dead laptop that I couldn't boot up, but needed the files off of, so I took it to Geek Squad and they did it for pretty cheap.

we do have a best buy! tbh i had no idea they'd do that. idk how to guarantee i'd get the right files, but ig i wouldn't entirely know at home either. i guess being able to do it at home though would mean i could attempt it again if i didn't,, or at least without paying anyone lmao.

but!! that is still a good idea and not one i considered,, thank you. i will stash it into my mind.
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:50 pm

cacophony ! wrote:
Clockwork! wrote:If it's an option, you could try to remove the hard drive, or I guess lug the whole thing if needed, and take it to Best Buy or a local computer repair store if you have one. They should be able to extract the files even if the computer itself is shot. Don't know where you live obvs though, so I'm not sure if you have a Best Buy or anything around you. I had a dead laptop that I couldn't boot up, but needed the files off of, so I took it to Geek Squad and they did it for pretty cheap.

we do have a best buy! tbh i had no idea they'd do that. idk how to guarantee i'd get the right files, but ig i wouldn't entirely know at home either. i guess being able to do it at home though would mean i could attempt it again if i didn't,, or at least without paying anyone lmao.

but!! that is still a good idea and not one i considered,, thank you. i will stash it into my mind.

They'll typically just extract all of the files they're able to. You won't get any programs of course, but all of the files should extract no problem. ^^ If you go that route, I'd suggest getting a flash drive with a good storage capacity, or even an external hard drive if you can swing it. I think they could even transfer it all to a different computer or laptop if all else fails, too.

Edit: As for trying to do it yourself, YouTube is definitely gonna be your best resource for learning how!

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aglassman » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:35 am

What a treasure! It looks like this PC has just 30GB of storage, so a 64GB flash drive should easily be able to hold everything. Be sure to bring one with you if you take it to someone to extract the hard drive.
    " gardening goat gal . "
    moo/glass - she/her - adult
    th - stars - return

aglassman

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:56 am

Clockwork! wrote:They'll typically just extract all of the files they're able to. You won't get any programs of course, but all of the files should extract no problem. ^^ If you go that route, I'd suggest getting a flash drive with a good storage capacity, or even an external hard drive if you can swing it. I think they could even transfer it all to a different computer or laptop if all else fails, too.

Edit: As for trying to do it yourself, YouTube is definitely gonna be your best resource for learning how!

programs aren't too much of a problem i don't think; it was a browser-based mmo so i just need the browser cache :)
    though i cannot say the same for anything tax related if that's what my father needs off of it JNHJ he always used turbotax.

i will probably try to figure it out at home first and if i can't then i'll bring it in. thank you again for bringing up best buy i had 0 clue they did that JNHBN. there's also a little computer repair shop here but it's probably not worth that money.

aglassman wrote:What a treasure! It looks like this PC has just 30GB of storage, so a 64GB flash drive should easily be able to hold everything. Be sure to bring one with you if you take it to someone to extract the hard drive.

yes!! i think my only issue now is just finding wherever i put my usb,, i have no idea how much space it holds but if it's not enough i can always go buy another. i'll need something to throw the photos from my phone on anyway since its run out of space NJHBJN

there's all sorts of stuff down in that basement,, there's an old xbox down there somewhere and some ds lites. i think i've seen some vhs tapes too. those would also be fun to dig up but that room is a mess.
    HEXORCISM

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me