Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

help? by grassman.

Artist grassman. [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

help?

Postby grassman. » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:01 pm

um, i was thinking maybe i could make stickers, and sell them, but im not sure what the best platform for that is,, any help? mods lmk if that’s not fine to ask,, I’ll remove it

also, if i were to make an arpg type thing for the onidogs, would you participate? what kind of events would you be interested in? lore-wise, what do you like? finally,, quests, yes or no? they would have rewards for completing them, and would be mostly character dev type prompts, but interactive with npcs and the like. any ideas for that?

grass - she/they
    toyhouse
    discord: vermintl
grassman.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: help?

Postby Brienne of Tarth » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:34 pm

okay, you have 2 options;

1) do you want to deal with the hassle of making them yourself?
or
2) do you want to only make digital work and have someone else make it into stickers (and other stuff)

so for #1, just invest in a sticker maker and your best bet would really be etsy - but you could try making a 'brand' and go on social media to sell it (IG, Twitter, etc etc). etsy it just the easiest option! a good mutual of mine grew a business from doing this! (:

for #2, go to redbubble! legit so easy to use, the downside is of course you don't get a lot of money - BUT you can increase the prices, therefore you'll gain more money. besides stickers, they'll put your designs on legit anything lol. clothing, phone accessories, clocks, bed sheets, curtains, etc.. not a good means of income, but it'll give you some change hah

----

can't really answer that other question as i don't participate in arpg's or anything.. but i think quests and events would be really cool! o: you could play on different time periods, basing quests/events on things from that era and create NPCs that would fit. idk. i'd totally be happy to throw a bunch of ideas though and maybe something will inspire you ((:
━━━━━━━━━━ S  H  E     P  A  I  N  T  E  D     P  I  C  T  U  R  E  S

╒═════════════╕
♥b i o   2♥
ari, adult, she/they
Toyhou.se
Devianart
S/T Char Thread!

╘═════════════╛

╒═════════════╕
♥b i o   1♥
first oekaki feature
aug. 17th, 22
collecting all deer
here!

╘═════════════╛
T   Y   I   N   G
S T R I N G S
T O   A  
━━━
S  E  W  I  N  G
B U T T O N S
T O  
━━━━━

╒═══════════════════════╕
l i n k s - - -
TRADE | img img img img/code

╘═══════════════════════╛
Brienne of Tarth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sweathie » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:20 pm

Lady Dimitrescu wrote:so for #1, just invest in a sticker maker and your best bet would really be etsy - but you could try making a 'brand' and go on social media to sell it (IG, Twitter, etc etc). etsy it just the easiest option! a good mutual of mine grew a business from doing this! (:

seconding this! a lot of my friends sell really well on social media (given we are art students just buying each others art because we love each others' work) and check to see if there are any local eclectic stores who buy art from local artists. i know we have a few in [insert my city here] that buy small batches of prints and stickers so if you want some kinds of examples of stores to look for, shoot a dm!
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grassman. » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:08 am

Lady Dimitrescu wrote:okay, you have 2 options;

1) do you want to deal with the hassle of making them yourself?
or
2) do you want to only make digital work and have someone else make it into stickers (and other stuff)

so for #1, just invest in a sticker maker and your best bet would really be etsy - but you could try making a 'brand' and go on social media to sell it (IG, Twitter, etc etc). etsy it just the easiest option! a good mutual of mine grew a business from doing this! (:

for #2, go to redbubble! legit so easy to use, the downside is of course you don't get a lot of money - BUT you can increase the prices, therefore you'll gain more money. besides stickers, they'll put your designs on legit anything lol. clothing, phone accessories, clocks, bed sheets, curtains, etc.. not a good means of income, but it'll give you some change hah

----

can't really answer that other question as i don't participate in arpg's or anything.. but i think quests and events would be really cool! o: you could play on different time periods, basing quests/events on things from that era and create NPCs that would fit. idk. i'd totally be happy to throw a bunch of ideas though and maybe something will inspire you ((:

ty for your input!! i was considering esty, and most likely would go with option 1,,

sweathie wrote:
Lady Dimitrescu wrote:so for #1, just invest in a sticker maker and your best bet would really be etsy - but you could try making a 'brand' and go on social media to sell it (IG, Twitter, etc etc). etsy it just the easiest option! a good mutual of mine grew a business from doing this! (:

seconding this! a lot of my friends sell really well on social media (given we are art students just buying each others art because we love each others' work) and check to see if there are any local eclectic stores who buy art from local artists. i know we have a few in [insert my city here] that buy small batches of prints and stickers so if you want some kinds of examples of stores to look for, shoot a dm!

ive never considered selling prints and stuff, i’ll think about it! i believe i may start on esty, ty both for your help <3

grass - she/they
    toyhouse
    discord: vermintl
grassman.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me