Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

feedback for adopts by gyu

Artist gyu [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

feedback for adopts

Postby gyu » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:05 pm

in general, i wanted to know what species, colors, etc. youd like me to toy around with whenver i make new adopts! any new themes, colors, animals, will help greatly as i have a tendency to want to repeat designs

ALSO! recalling back to these biome based designs, what biomes should i use for my next adopt batch? i had the idea of the outback/wild west type theme for next time, if you guys would be interested in that ^^"

i would like some animal ideas that would fit into the image above, so far ive got a possible coyote, horse, but thats all i have and would like some ideas!

thank you for any feedback, and also feel free to give any other suggestions in general!

TLDR:
● what biomes should i base some adopts off of?
● what animals, colors/palettes, themes would you like for adopts?
● would you prefer on oekaki adopts or off oekaki adopts?
gyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: feedback for adopts

Postby eyesemote » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:20 pm

For adopt suggests, I think cool adopts look better in your style (not saying cute doesn't work because your last winter batch was adorable, I'm just biased lol)
I would love to see a big cat batch in your style! Like a Jaguar, Lion, Tiger trio etc!
They could have modern clothing based on their geographical setting, the colors could be elements where it's three different or one cohesive theme. (Like fire, water, air or just one of them etc)

I think a sportsy theme would be cute as well!
You could have animals that are popular with sports teams like a bear, ram and falcon! They could be wearing sports clothing like a big puffy jacket, baseball caps, sneakers etc. I'm basing this off if you're doing more trios btw!

Uhh last suggestion, maybe food based ones if you wanna go cute like cats?
You could do cats in food bowls where it's like ramen, ice cream or cereal, have colors based on their adjacent foods. I think that's all I have off the top of my head! I love your art and am excited to see what you release next! ❤️

P.S If you wanna do an outback theme, my picks would be a jackalope, vulture and fennec fox! (I also think off oekaki is better? Whatever is easier for you!)
just here for cleaning
eyesemote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solos » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:24 pm

adding onto the sports idea ^^ ;; hockey wolf , husky , arctic fox mayb-?
i think some flower field bbs would be ADORABLE n would 100% take a look at those <3

solos | she/they | ✸--
hi hi :D -!! 1# seungmin enjoyer
go n follow my best friend-!! <3
discord; solos. | th purge ‶ ☼ ″
shop | boyf | goos | cats | - © -
solos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cupidtwn » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:43 pm

oh my gosh please do like a ram and a weasel or somethin i feel those would look absolutely wonderful in your style,,
for themes possibly anything circus related or vkei inspired adoptables
KENSHU

┍━━━━━━━✁━━━━━━━┑
♡ she:him ♡
♡ laauv jerma, cr1tikal, music, movies ♡
♡ dms always open ♡
♡ please have patience when interacting ♡
┕━━━━━━━✃━━━━━━━┙
cupidtwn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kītte‏‏‎n‏‏‎ » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:10 pm

hiii love ur adopts so much 😭💕 id offer on thm if i didnt already have so many charas (i dont wanna be a hoarder :[ ) . i think maybe like chimeras would be cool? (so just like a few different species in one, not rlly the lion w a goat head on its back w snake tail)

i think a wild west batch would be super cool 😵maybe like a fennec or a sand cat would b cool. not really traditional western (?) but kangaroos maybe? a caracal might fit the warm sandy colors aesthetic, but they aren't rlly outback and aren't really desert animals. an ibex would also b rlly cool !

also for biomes, i think coastal shrublands r cool (1, 2, 3, 4), which i usually associate with like dingos, domestic dogs and sea lions^^

for themes, maybe like rococo LOL? it's a fun theme . types of sky/weather are also always rlly fun to design :) so like rain/dawn/midnight/midday ect
valkyrie + mayoi oshi
semi-quit/INACTIVE o7
kītte‏‏‎n‏‏‎

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlizzardTheWizard » Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:01 pm

oh yes i would love a desert batch!! Possibly a lizard or lizard/canine hybrid would be nice to see! Definitely a coyote!! jackal perhaps?

Could possibly do a savanna batch! Lions, cheetahs, leopards, zebras, okapi, gazelles, painted dogs, DEFINITELY Hyenas; spotted, striped, brown, aardwolf

hi! Call me bliz or whatever else you can think of. I use she/they pronouns. Feel free to PM me :)

Toyhouse: BlizzardTheWizard
Discord: BlizzardTheWizard#3894
PFP by Shadeyenova
BlizzardTheWizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gyu » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:20 am

thank you all for such extensive feedback :')

@gr33dqu33n + solos i definitely love the idea of sports team/mascot-esque adopts!!! i will definitely consider

@vindaves I LOVE RAMS i absolutely love rams (pretty much anything with horns too)!! i love vkei fashion as well and would love to mess around with that :oc

@kītte‏‏‎n i did have a chimera adopt all planned and lined but the save file got deleted TT maybe ill take a shot at it again sometime --again on my love for horned animals i would love to do an ibex :oc and ive never really messed around with drawing kangaroos or sea lions so ill try to mess around with getting a style for those!! + love the coastal shrubland and rococo idea ^^!!!

@blizzardthewizard aaa i would love to do a bigger batch over the savannah because of how many different animals there are i could do :oc thank you for the ideas

overall, ill try to incorporate these in adopts one way or another! i'm getting a lot of popularity on big cats and hybrids so ill try come up with a new base so i dont just keep using this biome base i have going on, thank you all!!!
gyu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me