Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Kelpie Snakes - A Species by Luxtastic

Artist Luxtastic [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kelpie Snakes - A Species

Postby Luxtastic » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:41 am

Kelpie Snakes are the hybrid offspring of Kelpies and Basalisks.

Unlike Nagas and Kelpies, they are stuck in their one form, unable to transform to full horse or full snake. It’s a curse, since Kelpies and Basalisks are not meant to mingle, one of the Earth and one of Water. The Old Ones don’t like the mixture, being stuck in their feud - element against element.

But these Kelpie Snakes came to be because of that age old forbidden lovers tale, where two lovers find themselves on different sides of the battlefield. Fall in love, and have children. All in secret. But of course, once found out, they are cursed to have one form, and unable to take on their other forms - they are stuck to trying to find a home where there is enough water to move their lower half around easily, and enough land to be able to breathe the air and sleep.

While these creatures are cursed in a single form, they do have abilities of their lineage, able to breathe under water - though for a short period of time, unlike the Kelpies who can breathe under water forever if needed. And the ability to feel the Earth and hence feel out their surroundings - but without the ability to be venomous like their Basalisks
Iineage they are scorned on top of being stuck in a Half form.

—————

Looking for people who might wanna start a shop with me! And an ARPG like adventure part too.
Each of the artists would have the ability to pump out adopts and all sales go to them, ect.
Would need some pixel icons but planning to commission those when we get an idea of items.
I am looking also for the artists to help plan out stuff, like items, activities, ect. So brainstorming would help me if up to that!

The only REALLY necessary thing to have is a Discord, so we can talk easier over that platform.
Otherwise, I am looking for artists who ideally have coloring skills and previous examples using the oekaki setup.

Thankyou!

—————

This species is not a Closed Species since I am quite sure other ideas like this are out there. But of course, don’t use my lines ect unless approved by me.
HeathSlaine is family
Luxtastic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me