Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

happy birthday. by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

happy birthday.

Postby SilhouetteStation » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:53 am

so. you're thirty. the big 3-0. how crazy is that, huh? I hope you're having a nice time...wherever you are.

sucks that I can't even play Spyro to celebrate. not my fault that the ps2 packed up, but still. it would have been nice. I would have just played the original, and done a speedrun up until Gnasty's World. y'know, even after all these years, I still can't bring myself to finish the game. I used to think I really wanted to - to have completed the family game - but it doesn't feel right without you being here to see it. you and her. yeah I know how it ends, I've watched playthroughs, but I just...I don't know. if I finish it, then it's over. it's done. I don't want it to be done. I like playing up until the final world, though. I've gained so much confidence in repeating all those levels. Peace Keepers is still my favorite homeworld. Beast Makers still annoys me. and that one level in Dream Weavers - where you have to get the speed to jump out of the hallway and fly around the building to get to that last dragon? infuriating. but I still love it. you'd probably be able to do it no sweat.

I think you would have loved playing the remakes. I actually cried a little bit when I saw footage from them. it's like - there's our childhood, right there - and it hurts in different ways. mostly good, with some bad. it's not like I can afford a switch to play them. I would love to, though. I want to relive the adventure, even if again, I don't finish them. and you'd both be there playing alongside with me, wouldn't you? you wouldn't want to miss out on seeing it. the graphics are really nice, even if Spyro is a lot more purple than I remember. but it would still be fun. still good.

I'm thinking about getting a Spyro-related tattoo, but I'm not sure what yet. I'll keep looking around for inspiration.

anyway, enough of my rambling. we miss you heaps. we love you heaps, too.

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me