Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

im basically a technology dunce :^) by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

im basically a technology dunce :^)

Postby SilhouetteStation » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:57 pm

also an insight into what a blowdried lion's mane looks like

okay SO
    I don't actually know if it's my tablet or laptop ?? both are fully updated and I don't know if it's one or the other playing up or,, fingers crossed not both yikes

tablet;;
    - Wacom Intuos Art, about 4 years old?
    - little blue light flashes a lot
    - randomly disconnects/switches off, have to replug
    - pen disconnects sometimes even with blue light on
    - pen doesn't always work in regards to 'clicking' things (opening new tabs, pressing links, etc)
    - can hold pen pressed to tablet, steady as a rock, but on screen the cursor shakes/vibrates

laptop;;
    - purchased secondhand, I've owned for three or so years, no idea of actual age
    - cursor sometimes disappears (but things 'highlight' like the cursor is hovering over them anyway)
    - sometimes when using the trackpad it lags (?) like tryna move it through on-screen sand
    - (when using tablet) random 'touch on' + 'touch off' notifications

but other than that they work fine !! :')
    uh yeah if anyone is tech savvy and knows what might be making them funky,, pls comment/pm <3

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: im basically a technology dunce :^)

Postby gardog » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:31 pm

Usually when my laptop and/or tablet acts up, I just empty the cache on my computer and scan for malware while I'm at it. After that, if I still have a few lag problems, I'll restart my computer and that fixes it most of the time.

If I know that it's just my tablet acting up and nothing else, I'll go into my computer and manually turn off the tablet's driver and then turn it back on. That's how I have to activate my pen pressure in SAI every time and sometimes even that doesn't work, lol (I don't have pen pressure in Oekaki at all).

But yea, in summary, try emptying your computer's cache and scanning for malware and viruses. Trackers can also sometimes give your computer trouble. If you're unsure how to do this, I personally use CCleaner and Malwarebytes (both are great free programs, highly recommend CCleaner in particular) ^^

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items