Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

November 22, 2007 by clowns

Artist clowns [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
29 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

November 22, 2007

Postby clowns » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:49 am

It's a snowy november afternoon, the sky is grey full of thick clouds, not allowing any sun to shine through. You liked days like these, no sun when it snows. Sitting on the old recliner, you look over out the window to look at your backyard. It was large, and there were no houses to see for a while.You liked having your own secluded place, but sometimes you just feel lonely. While looking out, you see the snow falling lightly. There were small snowflakes, perfect for snow to stick to the ground. You look at your microwave. 11:43. If the snow keeps up like this, the ground should be fully covered in a few hours, right? You never really understood weather, but its fine. Now laying in the recliner, you start to nod your head. Your eyes close slowly and you fall asleep. The chair is nice and soft, even if it's old. You feel so warm.

The door slams closed and you jolt awake. It's your dad. He looks at you and apologizes. His hands seem to be full with things from work, but you see something unfamiliar. Its a small box in a white bag. You can't tell what it is. You're family never had much money since your mom left, so it can't be something for you, right? After he puts his stuff onto the dining room table, he walks over to you with the bag. Your heart starts racing. Was it really something for you? He starts to say how he feel bad that your home alone for such a long time with nothing to do while he's at work, so he got you something to keep you busy. He pulls out the new Nintendo Wii. He says how he bought it for cheap when his co-workers kids didn't want it anymore. It's white, a bit beat up with some marker on it, but you look past that when he pulls out a game. "I know how you like mario, so I found this.". It was super paper mario. You run up and hug him with excitement, thanking him profusely. Your by his side while he hooks it up to the tv and you slide in the disk. The opening music making your heart race. Looking out the window one last time, it's become dark, snow falling even harder than before. You look back, point the remote at the tv and press start.
clowns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: November 22, 2007

Postby ggez » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:51 am

I have such a surreal memory similar to what you describe; my family was extremely poor growing up, but yet... sometime in the fall, on a rather cold day (I remember it like no other), my parents came home with a present for me and my older brother. it turned out to be a Nintendo 3ds. mine was pink, his was blue.. gosh, I loved playing Mario on it lol
ggez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kayara » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:05 am

All this time of your usual fun, awesome art, only to make me cry with this one drawing of a wii remote and description that resonates with me- Q~Q
-hecc
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clowns » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:17 am

Kayara wrote:All this time of your usual fun, awesome art, only to make me cry with this one drawing of a wii remote and description that resonates with me- Q~Q
-hecc

haha thanks! tbh i think im might make more of these just cause its fun to tell little stories
i think ill make one about a dsi next

also im prob gonna make one of these my last art when i quit lol
clowns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pollee » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:59 am

Awe this is so sweet! Waiit your gonna quit drawing??????

Also could you make one on a GBA? I use mine all the time with the game Harvest Moon
idk.
Pollee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clowns » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Pollee wrote:Awe this is so sweet! Waiit your gonna quit drawing??????

Also could you make one on a GBA? I use mine all the time with the game Harvest Moon

ty! Also no dont worry! i was just saying when or if i quit cs i might make one of these

and sure! i personally never had one, but it could be fun
clowns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clowns » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:38 pm

NOOO YOUR GONNA MAKE ME CRY I CRY EVERYTIME I LISTEN TO THAT

i can never go back and experience super paper mario every again and i want to so badly. I wish i could now where i can understand stuff and not when i was a dummy child
clowns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheMightyGooser » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:42 am

Similar to this,
i had a Nintendo [yes the old small pink one] and had 1 cartridge, a fake one with 60 games, one of them was super Mario 64 and i played it day and night as a kid. Safe to say im a god at the game now B]
TheMightyGooser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me