Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I forgot how to create by Skiller

Artist Skiller [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
45 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I forgot how to create

Postby Skiller » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:04 am

I can't seem to draw anymore. I spent a good half hour drawing and erasing things. I don't even feel like drawing. : (

That's supposed to be my drawing pen btw.
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I forgot how to create

Postby Viridian Dragonkoi » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:14 am

I’m not just saying this - I legit thought both the pen and ‘paper’ were real and the sketch was the only drawing.
My guess is you’re feeling down/rough today and when that happens and when our self esteem is low we often see the worst in ourselves and tell ourselves we are bad at things.
It’s almost always (and definitely in your case where your art is still amazing) not true and is something to ignore until we feel better (but do that thing - in your case art- anyway regardless of our inner monologue).

Feel better and know you are amazing!
Viridian Dragonkoi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiller » Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:35 am

SerenitySam wrote:I’m not just saying this - I legit thought both the pen and ‘paper’ were real and the sketch was the only drawing.
My guess is you’re feeling down/rough today and when that happens and when our self esteem is low we often see the worst in ourselves and tell ourselves we are bad at things.
It’s almost always (and definitely in your case where your art is still amazing) not true and is something to ignore until we feel better (but do that thing - in your case art- anyway regardless of our inner monologue).

Feel better and know you are amazing!

I have been feeling a bit down lately.
Thanks for the kind words and insight, I really appreciate it. <3
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:52 pm

i agree with what Serenity said so much. our own minds can be our own worst enemy especially when we are feeling a bit rough. :c

many of my artist buddies have said that purposely drawing silly / goofy little things has helped to lighten things up a bit. ^^

And sometimes we just straight up need to take a few days off from drawing to give our creative juices some time to build back up. <3
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThousandSounds » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:41 am

sounds like you're having artblock, unless i's something else happening in your personal life but, Artblock can only be defeated by drawing. think of an action or pose - first that comes to mind - pull up a ref and draw it. whatever it is, draw it. you can erase if you need to but when facing art block don't be so quick to erase ever stroke you made on the sketch cause you can always clean it up and shape it properly a lil later.
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me