Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

cyyy by kaatlove

Artist kaatlove [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
126 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

cyyy

Postby kaatlove » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:15 am

uuuuu how do i keep making beautiful friends
they're so sweet i hope i can see them again soon
Last edited by kaatlove on Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: cyyy

Postby Electronia » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:16 am

this is incredible-
you are so talented-
Kyron - College Student - Adult
Slower replies - PMs set to friends only

God Bless
My best friend.
Electronia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby triceratops. » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:42 am

oh my god what you are so talented!!
your art is beautiful, it looks like a painting!
im so proud of you.

my pronouns are they/them
ImageImageImage
triceratops.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby happylilly234 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:40 pm

I really love this!
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.

Maya Angelou

happylilly234

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sodafarts » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:15 pm

beautiful ppl r attracted 2 beautiful ppl :-]
ok fr this is so stunning n unreal n ~painterly~!?? WOW hello
soooo wild that ur friends w timotheE chalemmmjsusuehfbp !!! that’s awesome
hi i am soda/eli :-)

mostly inactive these days </333 but hanging around to draw occasionally

she/they idc - intp - capricorn ☼ aries ☾ libra ⇡ - adult - usa

main interests: MY CATS, dorohedoro, chainsaw man, soul eater, tbhk, adventure time, kingdom hearts, OFF, genshin impact, okami, devilman crybaby, berserk, welcome to night vale, atla, studio ghibli, vocaloid, wacky music, gross stuff, cooking, learning languages

https://kevan.org/johari?name=sodafarts <-- hi everyone how would u describe me :')
sodafarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaatlove » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:26 am

Electronia wrote:
this is incredible-
you are so talented-

aaa thank uuu !!
bonk! wrote:oh my god what you are so talented!!
your art is beautiful, it looks like a painting!

tysm !!
happylilly234 wrote:I really love this!

thank youu!!
sodafarts wrote:beautiful ppl r attracted 2 beautiful ppl :-]
ok fr this is so stunning n unreal n ~painterly~!?? WOW hello
soooo wild that ur friends w timotheE chalemmmjsusuehfbp !!! that’s awesome

omg I'm blushing thANK UUUU!!!! i was trying to keep more of a mix of lines + lineless like i normally do but it rly only ended up that way on his arm and bag LMAO
but it was fun to paint <333
not timothee 😫😫 just another white boy w a nice side profile
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huddson » Thu May 12, 2022 2:08 am

i came to look at this after seeing some of your other art and this is another piece i want to write a long comment about!!! i'm discussing your art while on a call with my partner and we're both pointing out and discussing different aspects of your art!! my partner said that while they're impressed by all the shading on the clothing in general, they're mostly impressed by the shading on the bag. they said that the way you shaded it really shows it as being a separate texture from the shirt which they like, and especially that you can really see that it has weight and that it's heavy, and that you can really see that whatever's in the bag is shaping it. somewhat paraphrased as they talk faster than i can type, "The bag would look totally different if what was in there was a couple of thick heavy books in there, but that's not what's in there, it looks like it's soft or round and it's different, you know?"

i personally am VERY impressed by your usage of hard shadows!!! a lot of people when painting {and i struggle with this myself} can have too heavy of a reliance on soft, airbrushed shading and painting while showing a reluctance to apply harder and more defined painted aspects or shading. but here you use them very eloquently, very effectively, with a lot of thought and skill behind them. i especially see this on the elbow {another aspect very impressive to me in the anatomy and painting} and the sleeve, which are both very, very impressive to me

i also want to make a specific mention of the lighting!!!! while a lot of people have an understanding of lighting in art that's just light vs dark, maybe expanding into cool shadows vs warm shadows, you've clearly put time and effort into having your own understanding and comprehension of how lighting works and how different light sources affect each other instead of just working independently. you have a really thorough understanding of how light interacts with light and with different types of objects, of light scattering, and of reflected/refracted light. you also do have that knowledge of warm and cool colours when it comes to lighting and you apply them accurately and effectively, making the overall piece incredibly vibrant, eye-catching, realistic, and coherent

it's a small thing, but the location of the person on the canvas and the framing with the background really does show an understanding of things like rule of thirds {can't recall if that's the right term or not} and drawing the eye of the viewer

again, you've clearly put a lot of time and work into your art skills, and i'm really excited to see what else you do. that, and my partner likes you too!!! i have to get going now but i'll likely look at even more of your art when i get home
Cecil/Ffwsia - two-spirit, it/its, aspec polyam vincian - autistic + others
Toyhouse
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me