Thomas O’Malley Cat

"Thomas O’Malley Cat" by CaptainAltenor

Dressup entry

Thomas O’Malley Cat

Postby CaptainAltenor » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:09 pm

Did you know that Thomas O’Malley was originally supposed to have stripes? He never received them due to the process of animating stripes being “difficult and expensive”. If the canceled sequel went forward, he would have gained the stripes back.
"Never allow the demands of tomorrow to interfere with the pleasure and excitement of today."

Welcome! My name's Captain, and I'm a performing arts virtuoso with a soft spot for decades past. Feel free to send trades of any sort- I'm always up for it.

And, of course, have a great day/night!
CaptainAltenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thomas O’Malley Cat

Postby -Koshka- » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:45 pm

I love The Aristocats! It's such an underrated film.

Oh, I didn't know that! I've heard Gin from Ginga Nagareboshi Gin ended up not having stripes in most of the anime for similar reasons, and in the few early episodes where he did have them, they were heavily simplified. Maybe stripe patterns are/were too complex to do efficiently?
ImageImage

Жыве Беларусь! Слава Україні! Нет войне!
-Koshka-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thomas O’Malley Cat

Postby CaptainAltenor » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:49 pm

Koshka71 wrote:I love The Aristocats! It's such an underrated film.

Oh, I didn't know that! I've heard Gin from Ginga Nagareboshi Gin ended up not having stripes in most of the anime for similar reasons, and in the few early episodes where he did have them, they were heavily simplified. Maybe stripe patterns are/were too complex to do efficiently?

I agree!

They definitely are rather complicated, especially in traditional, hand-drawn animation. That’s why O’Malley never had them, and most likely why the character in your anime didn’t have them, either.
"Never allow the demands of tomorrow to interfere with the pleasure and excitement of today."

Welcome! My name's Captain, and I'm a performing arts virtuoso with a soft spot for decades past. Feel free to send trades of any sort- I'm always up for it.

And, of course, have a great day/night!
CaptainAltenor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me