Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

red by Griddle

Artist Griddle [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

red

Postby Griddle » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:05 pm

Sketch for a comic character before and after going absolutely feral. Still thinking about whether to art this comic on Clip Studio or oekaki but... Idk, oekaki is fun...

She needs a terrible color for her dress. She is NOT a fan. She likes the colors red and black so not those lol. Maybe pumpkin orange? An obnoxious pink? HMMMM.
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: red

Postby Error » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:20 pm

I love her design and her clothing after going feral. (I also completely agree with being stuck on either making a comic using Oekaki or Clip Studio, Clip Studio is way easier to work with but then, the Oekaki is just great.)

Also here's a gross color: http://hex.wikimix.info/en/color-7d7a00
    Hex code: 7d7a00 | Reminds me of like pea soup or something.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: red

Postby Griddle » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:03 am

Aaaa thank you Error! I'm glad you dig her design! I'm thinking about making her bloomers a lil shorter to give them a rounder shape and just having her lil knobby knees poke out between them and her boots. We'll see!

But aaa yeah!! When I first started on this idea I was intending to use Clip Studio and do a b/w comic (sort of like this old werewolf comic I did in SAI, content warning for a forehead/scalp scratch that bleeds a bit) but it occuerd to me... it was CS-friendly (many of my comic ideas are a lil too violent for CS, when the characters tend to be mercenaries and getting into scraps and things)... and oekaki is fun. =_= I'm still pretty happy with past oekaki comic stuff I've done but can I do it for a whole eight pages. HMMMMM.

That is an excellent color suggestion and tbh when I was first trying to brainstorm awful colors, pea-soup-green was one of the first to occur to me HOWEVER

There is a problem in that she has hazelly-green eyes as illustrated in this Old Art. In her case it would probably wind up looking nice on her and matching her eyes!
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery