Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Hohki by Disgustedorite

Artist Disgustedorite [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Hohki

Postby Disgustedorite » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:41 pm

Drawing all my OCs in ChickenPaint, part 3: Hohki.

Hohki's an interesting one. She was originally conceptualized for a roleplay on Feral Heart called The Ebon Circle in late 2012 or early 2013 I think, and she was originally a member of a closed species known as the kreptis. Then I was a turd and got myself kicked from the group sometime in 2014, revoking my rights to use the species. However, I still wanted to use the character, so I just called her a generic fox spirit until sometime in...2017, maybe 2018? I wanted to write a story with her in it and got into contact with the admins of the group and was able to discuss an official solution so I could continue using the character close to how she was originally designed without her being a kreptis. Now she's of an original species with some arbitrary kreptis-like aesthetics, but completely different rules and backstory. Not sure if or when I'll post about it, since I don't think I want to make it an open species nor a closed one with adoptables, it would kinda be a slap to the face of TEC's founders since it's effectively a kreptis knock-off.

I've tried drawing Hohki many times, but I think this is the first time I've succeeded in really capturing the look the custom skin I made for her in Feral Heart has. Her markings are actually animated, like a window into churning violet plasma which periodically flicker with "lightning", in reality a single straight pinkish-white line which rapidly swept over her texture in bursts but appeared like lightening due to the way it bent with the UV map. (god, replicating that in a fursuit would be a pain)
Disgustedorite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me