Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

new oekaki? yes please! by snowdrake

Artist snowdrake [gallery]
Time spent 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

new oekaki? yes please!

Postby snowdrake » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:59 pm

this is my attempt with the improved oekaki for mobile! it is still really wonky and difficult to use with ipad. you can’t rearrange layers or name them, the pen pressure sometimes acts weird and coloring in is,,,, exhausting. but! with the new way of being able to actually navigate around the canvas it really is a lot easier to use! will I be more active in oekaki? maybe. depends on my mood. will i use oekaki for adopts etc? most probably not, as it is 1000 times easier to just use medibang paint on ipad and the adopts won’t nearly be as HQ in oekaki :'>

anyway, here is a really mediocre drawing of my boy bellow without his wings and accessories! maybe i’ll add them later? i probably won’t though :'>
    i hope you enjoy it nevertheless!

I drew the same image in medibang paint just for comparison, it took me the same amount of time and just looks much better :'3
Last edited by snowdrake on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: new oekaki? yes please!

Postby VashTheStampede » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:05 pm

I use an 8th gen iPad, beta 15 iOS. You can rearrange the layers if you press and hold the layer, then move it :> pen pressure is still wonky for me too though

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:12 pm

MeepMorpLazuli wrote:I use an 8th gen iPad, beta 15 iOS. You can rearrange the layers if you press and hold the layer, then move it :> pen pressure is still wonky for me too though

ah, I just tried that again and that actually works, thank you!! I’m still a little lost on the naming the layers part but i don’t think there’s a way to do that cx
    one of my biggest issues is not being able to lay down my hand when drawing since that will cause a straight line to go across the whole canvas. i saw there were those drawing gloves you can get for that reason? but really don’t wanna spend money on them hhfgxhdgdg
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:05 pm

.*✦ kirin wrote:
MeepMorpLazuli wrote:I use an 8th gen iPad, beta 15 iOS. You can rearrange the layers if you press and hold the layer, then move it :> pen pressure is still wonky for me too though

ah, I just tried that again and that actually works, thank you!! I’m still a little lost on the naming the layers part but i don’t think there’s a way to do that cx
    one of my biggest issues is not being able to lay down my hand when drawing since that will cause a straight line to go across the whole canvas. i saw there were those drawing gloves you can get for that reason? but really don’t wanna spend money on them hhfgxhdgdg

Yeah, sadly there's no way to rename layers on mobile. I'm hoping Nick can add that in the near future!

I bought a drawing glove on Amazon about 2 or 3 years ago. It was only $10 and helps so much. I still have the line issue sometimes, but that could just be the screen protector I have ^^" i say it's worth having the drawing glove though, if just to keep hand grease off your screen

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me