Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

The Glitter Galaxy Girl Herself! by SputnikSplash

Based on Click to view
Artist SputnikSplash [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
46 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The Glitter Galaxy Girl Herself!

Postby SputnikSplash » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:32 am

Exactly 5 years ago from now, I started drawing in oekaki.
Just a little hobby, nothing too much. Little did I know how absolutely addicted I would become to this drawing program. When I first joined the oekaki forums I was socially awkward, going through some tough stuff and not very confident in myself. Over time a lot of wonderful people have stopped by to comment on my works, some of which became close online friends of mine and it really helped me out mentally and got me through some difficult times. Because of these wonderful people, I've improved a lot socially irl and a lot less nervous about talking to others about my interests and such. I just really want to thank you all who helped me out over the years and helped me improve myself <3 you're all valid, kind, and downright awesome!

Anyway, mushy stuff aside this is a redraw of my first oekaki I made, here's the original from 2016:
Gosh it looks stanky as heck doesn't it. XD I think I can say my style for Sputnik (and just my style in general) has changed quite drastically over the years.

Also, if you want to ask any questions about Sputnik and my other ocs (and myself maybe?) feel free to do so :3

Edit 7/25/21: ... I messed up her left ear pattern like an idiot XD well I edited it and hope no one saw oops-
Last edited by SputnikSplash on Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO

ImageImageImageImageImage
❤︎ Artist ❤︎ BLM ❤︎ Toyhou.se ❤︎
❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
Status: Catching up on all owed art, if I owe you something please PM me in case I've forgotten!
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Glitter Galaxy Girl Herself!

Postby Glowingsaltshaker » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:44 am

This is amazing! <3

Your style has improved so so much, and your art's quality has certainly earned the title high quality! Fantastic work <3 c:
]
[center][she/they]
[struggling with mental health, be patient with me please. Im not very active but slowly returning ]
Glowingsaltshaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:52 am

Yesssss so good to see some sputnik art again! <3

oh man do i feel that about those feelings when just starting out on here, whoo boy! x)

and OML that first drawing isnt "stanky" at all xD I still love that one too ^^ Definitely glad that i can call you a friend as well, for the longest time started out i wanted to start talking with ya more but was just kind of awkwardly lurking instead (also at the time your PM's were disabled for some reason so that didnt help, heh!) x)
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SputnikSplash » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Glowingsaltshaker wrote:
This is amazing! <3

Your style has improved so so much, and your art's quality has certainly earned the title high quality! Fantastic work <3 c:

Thank you so much! <3 I'm glad you think so, as an artist I try my best to improve in every way. I'm glad progress has been made :D

JK341 wrote:Yesssss so good to see some sputnik art again! <3

oh man do i feel that about those feelings when just starting out on here, whoo boy! x)

and OML that first drawing isnt "stanky" at all xD I still love that one too ^^ Definitely glad that i can call you a friend as well, for the longest time started out i wanted to start talking with ya more but was just kind of awkwardly lurking instead (also at the time your PM's were disabled for some reason so that didnt help, heh!) x)

Haha me too, I've missed drawing my ocs on here!

I'm glad we can relate on that, many experiences and memories have been made in oekaki <3

It was my first ever published art on here (I have one other that's been rotting in my unfinished oekakis but it's really nothing much... though I might try to do something with it one day I have no idea how though). I was really just experimenting with oekaki, had no idea how to use it and was just fooling around with the brushes. But, I kept trying it out and experimenting, and eventually I got the hang of things.
Oh yeah, I did that too before CS added the follow button XD and yeah, I remember I had those turned off when I was new to Chicken Smoothie because I didn't think I would be using CS socially and I wasn't using oekaki at the time either and decided to keep them off to prevent spammers and stuff. I honestly forgot about it for a while until I think when I opened my first art shop then I thought "oh... I should probably keep those open oops."
BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO BEE DO

❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
Status: Catching up on all owed art, if I owe you something please PM me in case I've forgotten!
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:17 pm

holy cow, that's a lot of improvement! congratulations on hitting 5 years, that's a MASSIVE achievement!! :D
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SputnikSplash » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:23 pm

vibrissae wrote:holy cow, that's a lot of improvement! congratulations on hitting 5 years, that's a MASSIVE achievement!! :D

Ahh thank you so much!
Now, my goal is to reach 10 years lol

❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Phyris » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:27 pm

I absolutely love seeing progress drawings! Your art has come such a long way <3 I think my favorite part was your mix of upper and lowercase letters in the original xD
Art Fight TH - Heya I'm Phyris!
❥ pixel art
❥ any pronouns
❥ food based OCs
I'm very stupid n forgot things
If i forget to send payment
please PM me and I'll fix that

Phyris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SputnikSplash » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:48 pm

Phyris wrote:I absolutely love seeing progress drawings! Your art has come such a long way <3 I think my favorite part was your mix of upper and lowercase letters in the original xD

Thank you so much <3
Oh my goodness, why did I do that XD either I was really tired or trying to be stylish I don't remember lol

❤︎Pixels by Phyris❤︎
SputnikSplash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:33 pm

Wow, congrats!!! I’m hoping in a few years I can post an update with this amount of improvement, so thank you for being an inspiration!!
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Geckos_N_Tea » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:38 pm

wow the progress is amazing! for a first drawing i thought your drawing in 2015 wasn’t stanky! i have so much respect for such talented artists! i love the new design so much! i just followed you!<3
Last edited by Geckos_N_Tea on Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geckos_N_Tea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me