Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Portal space thing by Raptocidic

Artist Raptocidic [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Portal space thing

Postby Raptocidic » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:30 am

idk
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Portal space thing

Postby WishUponACzar » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:54 pm

very interesting, i like how the colors blend into one another. one spot you have an icy blue and the other there's a bright pink.
why u highlighting my siggy, buddy?
HELP!
ImageImageImageImage
czar ✪ they/she ✪ central time
cs' resident wwi collector, beatlemaniac,
astros fan, and hobby cartoonist or smth
LF new UR 🐉 // 💻 UFA // art, chars, comms // 🍪📦🏰
WishUponACzar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:02 pm

WishUponACzar wrote:very interesting, i like how the colors blend into one another. one spot you have an icy blue and the other there's a bright pink.

Thanks! I originally was only going to make it pink & purple but I added blue halfway through because it made it seem more complete.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HarmaaKissa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:12 am

WishUponACzar wrote:very interesting, i like how the colors blend into one another. one spot you have an icy blue and the other there's a bright pink.

Agree! I also like how it looks like if was painted by a brush.
HarmaaKissa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:18 am

HarmaaKissa wrote:

Agree! I also like how it looks like if was painted by a brush.

Thank you very much! For the longest time I've been trying to figure out how to digitally replicate some things I could seemingly only achieve painting traditionally, so it means a lot that you think it looks like its been painted with a brush.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HarmaaKissa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:12 am

Raptocidic wrote:For the longest time I've been trying to figure out how to digitally replicate some things I could seemingly only achieve painting traditionally, so it means a lot that you think it looks like its been painted with a brush.

I've also been trying to make something like that (but only the brush effect) in chickenpaint, but didn't get the exact result i wanted ^^" I think, the simpliness of program makes such effects look sort of professional (i mean compared to others) and a bit hard to remake..
Anyway, it turned out wonderful.
HarmaaKissa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:59 am

HarmaaKissa wrote:
Raptocidic wrote:For the longest time I've been trying to figure out how to digitally replicate some things I could seemingly only achieve painting traditionally, so it means a lot that you think it looks like its been painted with a brush.

I've also been trying to make something like that (but only the brush effect) in chickenpaint, but didn't get the exact result i wanted ^^" I think, the simpliness of program makes such effects look sort of professional (i mean compared to others) and a bit hard to remake..
Anyway, it turned out wonderful.

Yeah, I love the simplicity of chickenpaint but it can be challenging to replicate certain effects with it. Although, especially when it comes to digital vs traditional, I find it very hard to replicate some things when painting that I can easily achieve with chickenpaint, and even with other digital software theres a certain charm oekaki has that other stuff doesn't.

Thanks again! ^^
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me