Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

wrath month by ambopteryx

Artist ambopteryx [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

wrath month

Postby ambopteryx » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:03 pm

not to get like, introspective on kids pet collection site but recently ive been thinking about like, gender yknow? like ive been using he/him for a few years now and its great and ive also been pretty solid on identifying as nonbinary for just as long but like. something still doesnt really fit, i guess? like its just the act of being perceived as something and it just makes my skin crawl a little, sometimes, because i dont know what ppl are REALLY thinking of me as.

and so i think i might start trying out it/they pronouns exclusively (with a preference for it/its) unless you're like, a close friend?? i do not want my gender to be perceived. and even when i still use he/him w/ friends its in the way you look at a little creature scurrying across the sidewalk and think "look at him go" and not as like. a guy.

this is something ive been kinda leaning towards a while but didnt really think about it tho until now because. pride month. but yeah i just wanted to draw ichabod but with the nonbinary flag colors and it made me think about gender so like, whatever. i usually just let other people assume what they want about me but i think im getting tired of that lmao. i also considered throwing in the ace and lesbian flags onto here because. yeah. but i couldnt get them to look right so zx,cnv

tl;dr gender is a game and i intend on winning
    “Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
    (They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier)

― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
    sig art by rem sleep
ambopteryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me