Pre-Account Remembrance

"Pre-Account Remembrance" by answrs

Dressup entry

Pre-Account Remembrance

Postby answrs » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:11 pm

Okay so fun history lesson for y'all whippersnappers (HOW HAS IT BEEN SO MANY YEARS)

there once was a time in Ye Olden Days when accounts on CS didn't exist, you would adopt a pet, and then have to save the pet's url and posting code somewhere in order to display them around The Internets.

When accounts eventually came into being, there was a time period one could have their oldies put into their sparkly new account. Mikko here was my one and only pup I had the code for, and I was so happy to have him safe.

One little quirk I noticed (and honestly really enjoy) is that the original adopter's name you entered still pops up on dressups of that pet, even if your username is different. (this no longer happens when they're traded away, I would doubt it sticks around since ownership transfer happens in the system vs manual adding them to an account by nick)

Anyway, just a fun lil quirk that harkens back to the beginning of the site, and thought I'd share! :D

-
edit! huh, turns out this quirk is unique to the posted code, here's the boy in his full glory:
After 11 years of seeking, I finally obtained my all-time dream on October 1, 2020 ;w;

answrs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pre-Account Remembrance

Postby lunarpooh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:15 pm

that's super neat! I had no idea that accounts weren't a thing when cs first started :0
broke college student;
if im online, im
probably procrastinating
on something :')

░░░░░░
toyhouse
vr/omsgr thread
C$ Shop Info
New Rares List
WE ARE ALL
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
that's how the