Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma by SilhouetteStation

Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma

Postby SilhouetteStation » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:16 pm

I've come to the realization that I don't really know how to relax

I've spent many years of my life being in a constant state of some sort of anxiety, whether because things were happening around me, or because I was anticipating them to happen. letting my guard down in any way feels like I'm inviting something or someone to come along and take advantage of it but I need to learn how to. not do that. it's making me feel like I should be doing more important things besides personal art but there's not really anything else I specifically need to be doing so I just end up arguing with myself back and forth and getting overwhelmed to the point where I don't end up doing anything and then feel kinda. guilty? like I've wasted the opportunity to do something? idk. it's taking the fun out of art. it feels like when I finished however many years of taking art in high school with a really draining, negative teacher and for like a year afterwards I felt like I couldn't even look at a paintbrush or pencil, let alone use it. and I'm feeling like that now, like I'm pushing myself to do art, like I'm forcing motivation, and I think I need to find a way to tell myself it's okay? like, there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing art for you. or just experimenting. whatever you want as long as it's creative. or something like that idk

sorry for the ramble it probably doesn't make any sense but I just wanted a little vent

also it's not a carton of milk bc ours comes in bottles so,, cup of milk instead

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me