Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

you can look at pictures of owls for free on google by ambopteryx

Artist ambopteryx [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

you can look at pictures of owls for free on google

Postby ambopteryx » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:50 pm

do any of yall remember ga'hoole because i think more people should draw owls. ive been thinking about it a lot lately so i drew this SUPER old guardians of ga'hoole character i completely forgot about for like. 7 years? at least?

i also dont remember like, half of the stuff i came up for them so a lot of this was made up on the fly while drawing lol. i dont think i ever gave them a name? so their name is Woog now. i also don't remember what type of owl they were so i have arbitrarily decided that Woog is a Philippine hawk owl

Woog was a fully moon-blinked victim of St. Agnes that managed to escape mostly on accident, losing their primaries at one point in the process. they found some fun looking rocks and befriended a crow flock by gifting the rocks to them The flock then helped "repair" Woog's missing primaries with crow feathers (i know that's weird but ga'hoole has owl blacksmiths so its fine). Woog eventually ends up at Ga'Hoole by luck and sheer force of will. Turns out that Woog's eyesight is about as good as their flying skills. They get initially tapped for the Blacksmith chaw, but after getting chaw-chopped several times for wasting metals (they made particularly shiny lumps of metal and smuggled it to their crow friends) they got reassigned to Ga'Hoolology, which they're also not the best at. Woog now spends most of their time staring at people to make them uncomfortable, stealing and smuggling shiny things, and gossiping with the blind snakes.

ps please ignore the timer i got distracted a few times and left the tab open lol.... this actually took like. 30 minutes because i didnt bother cleaning it up or anything
    “Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
    (They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier)

― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
    sig art by rem sleep
ambopteryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: you can look at pictures of owls for free on google

Postby Burrito Bunny » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:13 pm

So cute!! I had a lot of fun with those books as a kid, but I haven't thought of them in years!
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: you can look at pictures of owls for free on google

Postby nio » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:06 am

yesss!!! i have a guardians of ga'hoole oc from 2010/2011! his name is wimba, and he definitely wasn't a soren copy+paste at all

woog is so cool! they're making me feel super nostalgic. i think more people should draw owls too <3
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

semi-hiatus! focusing on bettering my health ^o^
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me