Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

please gimme tips by Maniic!

Artist Maniic! [gallery]
Time spent 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

please gimme tips

Postby Maniic! » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:03 am

i can ollie and just about moving ollie
but like i can't really push well?
i use my entire foot, toe to heel
but after im moving when i go to push again i just kinda??
its bad
Maniic!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: please gimme tips

Postby imp. » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:04 am

hey! what exactly do you need help with? :0 do you mind me asking which foot you use to push and the positioning of both of them when you do?
imp.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maniic! » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:06 am

imp. wrote:
    hey! what exactly do you need help with? :0 do you mind me asking which foot you use to push and the positioning of both of them when you do?

so this is hard to explain lol, i need help with pushing but after i've already push so when you turn your foot again to push more idk really how to push while moving?
i push with my right foot, when im cruising i am positioned with my feet horizontally(?) and when i go to push again i move my left foot to face vertically then i just?? idk
Maniic!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imp. » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:15 am

Maniic! wrote:
imp. wrote:

so this is hard to explain lol, i need help with pushing but after i've already push so when you turn your foot again to push more idk really how to push while moving?
i push with my right foot, when im cruising i am positioned with my feet horizontally(?) and when i go to push again i move my left foot to face vertically then i just?? idk

that makes sense! pushing is really hard tbh, it definitely takes a little bit of practice. so you definitely have the positioning down for when you're moving, so i assume it's the way you move back to push which is causing an issue? i'm not sure if this helps but making sure that your feet are securely on the board is a really big factor.

personally, this is how i position my feet on a normal deck. i ride opposite feet of you, with my left pushing and my right on the board, but it should pretty much be the same! i'm also new to skating, though, so take my words with a grain of salt lol, this is just works for me! :] the foot that stays on the board the whole time, your left, would remain near the front of the bolts, with the tip of your shoe planted forward right before the set of bolts closest to the end of the board. when you pick your pushing foot up, it'll shift to remain next to the bolts, never going past them. the foot you used to push with will go next to the back set of bolts.
imp.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maniic! » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:17 am

imp. wrote:[list][size=85]that makes sense! pushing is really hard tbh, it definitely takes a little bit of practice. so you definitely have the positioning down for when you're moving, so i assume it's the way you move back to push which is causing an issue? i'm not sure if this helps but making sure that your feet are securely on the board is a really big factor.

personally, this is how i position my feet on a normal deck. i ride opposite feet of you, with my left pushing and my right on the board, but it should pretty much be the same! i'm also new to skating, though, so take my words with a grain of salt lol, this is just works for me! :] the foot that stays on the board the whole time, your left, would remain near the front of the bolts, with the tip of your shoe planted forward right before the set of bolts closest to the end of the board. when you pick your pushing foot up, it'll shift to remain next to the bolts, never going past them. the foot you used to push with will go next to the back set of bolts.
-snip-

i do have my feet like that i might just be,, a noob xd or smthn
i think my issue is i can't get enough speed?? idk im a proper n o v i c e
Maniic!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me