Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

i'm heading off to start a fire by imp.

Artist imp. [gallery]
Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

i'm heading off to start a fire

Postby imp. » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:29 am

this is how favorite liar by the wrecks makes me feel (like committing arson)
    in honor of the wrecks releasing a new album tonight at midnight, here are some of my fav lyrics :]

we are the wrecks
    turn it up:
    - love is love and what's done is done
    - best believe it's gonna hurt this time
    - teach me how to live in love when i'm with you
    - let's do all the things you say that I won't do, c'mon, c'mon
    - when you knocked me down just to prove that i could stand up

i don't like you
    - every time i do i make a fool of you so c'mon on let me hear it one more time
    - i don't like you, not your face, not the things that you say, said i really hate the things that you do
    - you can't get in my head, i wanna see you try, you can't get in my head, oh no not this time

favorite liar
    - i remember weekends, before we got too cool for them
    - i wanna wake up with you, i wanna wake up feeling tired
    - it's too bad that you're a liar, a liar, hold yourself up higher and higher
    - i wanna be the one to show you what you're missing every night, oh every night
    - but you think i'm alone, and i think you should know that i've got pretty girls, yeah, i've got pretty girls taking me home

panic vertigo - EP
    figure this out
    - she said, "are you gonna write a song about me?" and i think that i just about threw up in my mouth
    - i hear the voices getting louder, someone's gotta tell me how to figure this out
    - we say tonight's the last time, that's what we said last night, here we go
    - i just wanna make this something to remember.. nothing is forever so let's do this again
    - you're wrong about me, and i promise that you're never gonna figure me out

james dean
    - imagine for a minute you get up in the morning and get what you want
    - imagine being shallow, thinner than a shadow, thicker than wood
    - imagine for a minute the way that i'd be living if only i could
    - girls won't date me, guys all hate me, guess that must mean i'm no james dean
    - "nick, i'm disappointed, that's not how you were raised!"
    - i think we all grow up thinking life is gonna be like the movies
    - enough's enough cuz after all you gotta get used to losing
    - but then you stand up, shake it off, show 'em all exactly just what you're made of

way with words
    - i dropped your things off late last night, i saw your mom she said goodbye; is that what you wanted?
    - i drove back down past island park, that bridge looks better after dark; is this where we lost it?
    - go on and take back, go on and take back everything, to break a promise
    - go on and say, go on and say i lost you babe, but let's be honest
    - so tell your lies and let's pretend, i moved on fine, just ask your friends
    - but what's the point in saying anything if that's what you wanted
    - you think i waited up all night, you're out of your damn mind, don't lie to yourself
    - nothing you can say can change the way i hate your guts right now

panic vertigo
    - tell me, do you think i'm going crazy?
    - can we go back? 'cause i miss the way it was, not so bad
    - now i'm up against a wall, but don't worry.. it's gonna make one hell of a story
    - when i'm falling in love and when that love ain't enough, i'll say "enough is enough is enough!"
    - i've had it with this panic vertigo, yeah, i gotta let it go
    - yeah, stuff got bad, i was barefoot on a bridge, drunk and mad, thinking, "what the hell is this? where'd i go wrong?"
    - i haven't been this terrified in so long

revolution (my old favorite)
    - if i'm in my head, then who's keeping time? it's all running out, i'm falling behind
    - call me a liar, say what you want; i know myself more than you knew who i was
    - take my hand, don't take my life, let's take it all in, i wanna take on the night
    - i'll start a revolution, it's all in my mind, i'll start a revolution before i die
    - i'll make sure you're there, cleaning the windows, watching me real close, i want you to stare
    - are you having a hard time? welcome to my life, i'm glad that you're here
    - try to make my whole world end, baby i don't care

freaking out
    freaking out
    - i'm on the lawn, it's almost three; i look around, i look at her, she looks at me
    - i feel fine, ive waited for this all my life
    - save my soul, i swear i may never die
    - things are fine now, yeah it's alright and all these damn people in the world are all just getting by
    - i'm all alone, afraid of my life, i just want a home, wouldn't that be nice?

feels so nice (new third fav song)
    - i could be your best friend, and, well, i can be a whole lot more than that
    - we can live just like this if you want to
    - you smile like you're hiding something, while you're dancing with the radio off
    - as i stand there thinking, "this might be love," yeah, this might be love
    - oh, i'd drive to california again with my broken down car, i would do anything 'cause i wanna be where you are
    - it feels so good when we're dancing around in your bedroom (this line and the 'this might be love' line are so cute)

out of style (new second fav song)
    - how your bedroom look? how your stepdad doing?
    - i guess that's rude, it's only weather; but to be fair, geographically speaking, i did better
    - oh, let it go and i'll let it go, you can let me know when we can be close again
    - blame it on the miles, you're just in denial
    - my room looks dope, i bought these LED lights.. but no one knows i'm alone like pretty much every weeknight
    - heard you're pregnant, that's cool i guess.. but can you make your whole room glow three different shades of red? ("she said yes!")
    - i just wanna know when the hell did love go out of style?

four
    - why don't you riot? why don't you rage? 'cause there's no one you can't set on fire
    - so either these walls can shake, or my heart can break into four
    - one piece wrapped to go, one for me alone, and two in case.. in case you come home
    - so maybe these walls should shake, maybe my heart should break
    - (you should come home, home, home)

this life i have (new first fav song)
    - i hate my job, i hate my car, i hate the cute girls at the bar
    - I hate my band, i hate my songs, i hate the kids who sing along
    - but worst of all, you made me hate the things i love
    - i'm reminded every day that i will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be happy
    - I'm just having a bad night, baby, yeah, maybe this could be alright
    - i think that this could be the start of a new life.. ("oh this is your new boyfriend? oh sick.")
    - now i hate myself, i hate my clothes, i hate my brain and how it thinks, i hate my narcissistic tendencies
    - my lovely shade of "give it up," it takes so much to loosen up
    - watch the world give up on me
    - i don't deserve your attention, i don't deserve it one bit
    - now we're eye to eye, while i self-examine my.. my pretty mind
    - your opinion, it haunts me, i just want you to want me
    - i want my life, i want it back, i want the good times that we had
    - i love these songs, i love my fans, i take back everything i said
    - yeah, i'll enjoy this life i have

infinitely ordinary
    - i remember when i learned how to slow down
    - you told me nights like these rarely come around
    - we started dancing on the docks, we had barely begun to talk, we were moving
    - i think i could get used to this, i think i could get used to this life
    - we started dancing on the roof, might as well have been on the moon, it was heaven
    - i was busy looking at you when i fell in
    - i think i could get used to this infinitely ordinary life
imp.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me