Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

A menagerie of idk by Sixbane

Artist Sixbane [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
113 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

A menagerie of idk

Postby Sixbane » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:28 am

I wanted to draw some of my lesser-drawn deity/god characters of my character world. These are all ones i dont draw a lot because either they're not super important in the grand scheme of things (are minor gods) or are just pretty hard to draw so its a bit tedious to take them on

Prepare for massive lore dump:
Gods in my character worlds really dont really have human appearance, they are more or less extremely powerful magical spirits/creatures. Their real forms are usually big, elderich, and totally not mortal pleasant to be around. In order to interact with mortals, they chose to take on a more human(oid) appearance. Whether this is (legitimately) changing their physical form, or just projecting a magical version of themselves, or altering how people see their true appearance so they see what the god wants them to see instead.
Gods chose their 'human' appearances in a myriad of ways. Since they are rarely raised by humans (When a new god is 'born'/created, its often taken under the wings of other gods...for better or worse) they have to form their own impressions of humans so their appearances are typically drawn from their personal experience with mortals, what they "think" humans look or dress like. Or what their followers envision them to be (Taking on the appearance the humans created for them). As a result they often take on the appearance of specific cultures or places or forms, and culture it over time to whatever they're comfortable with. Some gods are more like chameleons, changing their form constantly to fit in or appear 'normal' wherever they are or to suit whom they're interacting with or what the situation requires. Others don't care if they stand out and are adamant to one appearance or another.
Some don't want human forms at all and choose not to develop one (Such as Anapos, the god of the sea- who refuses to take a mortal/human form)

1. Taraura, Goddess of dignity. A former demon queen who fell in love with a hero who was sent to slay her. Making a demon oath with him to turn away from the pursuit of evil, she became a benevolent goddess instead...Before that hero broke her heart, having just used the unbreakable oath of demonkind to force her into helping humanity. Bitter and angry, she loathes the concept of love and goes about her duties and godly powers as annoyed with everyone and everything as possible. Despite her broken heart and anger, she is actually significantly good friends with the goddess of love. Who knows.
Her real form is something like a giant lizard/fire salamander

2. Thespia, goddess of roses and 'daughter' of the god of nature. (not his real daughter, just a loyalist to him). She loves flowers, is super carefree and gentle. She more or less spends her time frolicking in the woods in her true form (A rose-covered deer). She only turns human to interact with the druids of the forest of the seventh and help them purify corruption in the arcane forests

3. Charity, goddess of technology. Involved romantically with the god of crafts/artisanship, she is one of the youngest gods and is very much treated like it, not born until the modern era (where most of the gods here are quite a lot older) . She hangs around the goddess of creation in order to try and maintain some sense of safety since other gods try to manipulate her, and this manipulation (courtesy of war) earned her her terrible name (Charity) based on a huge nuclear bomb that caused massive destruction to all the realms when he led humankind to war utilizing their new technological advances. Charity was blamed for this, even though she cant control what humans create with technology. its up to their purposes what they do with it. Despite being innocent, she feels awful about it and lives with a lot of guilt. Her real form is something like a glitch-surrounded android

4. Xioch, god of war. He's TECHNICALLY a 'benevolent' god but thats like, the lowest tier of 'kind to mortals'. He always pursues war and fighting, because he believes strongly in humanity proving themselves and their strength, in this idea that the strongest succeed, and that champions will create great things in the world. He means well, but has a rather crappy way of showing it sometimes. The other gods find him rather tedious since he tends to be rather cunning and take advantage of them to get what he wants. He will ultimately, defend the goddess of creation and mortality, probably by sending his champions and their blessings into battle. He's pretty morally complex-to morally grey and often unpredictable. His real form is a demon-creature covered in horns

5. Asmodeus, unlike war, is not morally grey. He is the god of animosity, and is 100% the origin of all evil in the world. If war wants war to make people stronger, asmodeus wants actual annihilation. He doesn't often show his face, and generally prefers to be behind the scenes. One of the oldest gods, he resents the other gods who get more attention and worship than him, and the best way to describe him is a giant brat who wants to ruin everyone elses day because thats the only way anyone makes him the center of attention. He's extremely powerful, and despite his childish behavior, it's a death sentence for most gods to even consider taking him on in a fight. As one of the three original gods, his only rivals are the goddess of creation and the god of destruction, and they're trapped in eternal war with one another.
He's ruthless, cruel, and finds mortals entirely expendable.
He does however, really like candy, and can be temporarily bribed to leave someone alone via it.
His real form is a centipede-wolf bug,thing,

6. Ancil, god of knowledge and lore. His real form is a golden hawk-like creature. He pretty much keeps to himself in the celestial library and only visits earth in order to add more to the collection. He enjoys intellectuals, and loves intelligent debate with mortals, who often have different perspectives than gods (for obvious reasons). He's always open to learning new things and hearing them out. He's particularly fond of the harpy civilization and has taken a lot of their culture into his presentation. He also acts as one of their primary gods, though he's relatively unknown to most human civilizations.
Last edited by Sixbane on Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A menagerie of idk

Postby retro » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:28 am

DAMNN my jaw dropped
edit: thespia is so pretty omg
retro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby venti » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:29 am

sixxx this is amazingggG
    ★ out on the verge of the rest of our lives ★
    suga/venn - she/they -
    hi, im sugacuteic or venti :]
    i like pokemon, frogs and sleeping
venti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:42 am

look at me already mega-crushing on Asmodeus O.o
    I absolutely love the concepts you have for all your gods!! Its so cool!
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixbane » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:12 am

@ retro Thank you! (And she is but i cannnot draw her normally bcause her design is wild LOL) small headshot pushing my limits
@ flareon ! Thank you!
@ Anza 0/10 would not recommend asmodeus is a jerkface
Thank you though! I have a lot of fun developing their concepts lol
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me