Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

pokemans by Celozon

Artist Celozon [gallery]
Time spent 49 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

pokemans

Postby Celozon » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:26 pm

This is a mess but I'm not up to coloring it so hopefully you can still tell whats going on.

I started a nuzlocke on my pokemon ruby, but I've also never finish a nuzlockes cause I'm terrible at following the rules and end up quitting out of shame.

So as not to ruin my streak, I was a total wuss and couldn't handle my pokemon fainting and gave up and now its just a regular play-through ~*with restrictions*~ (still only catching the first on every route and trying to minimize fainting at least)

Also broke a rule when I got trapinch cause I can't handle playing without flygon sorry

Soo started with mudkip as always, I really love the ground-water combo and as per the norm they've carried my team most of the game and are a total boss. I know everyone loves blaziken, I played with torchic once but eh just not as awesome as swampart in my book.

Flygon (actually just vibrava right now but I couldn't /not/ draw them as flygon) is not shiny, they are just fabulous and awesome and I love them ok. I love their dragon/ground combo + levitate and they learn all the best moves, and they just look really cool ok. I always tell myself I can't just use the same pokemon every run and every time I cave and get trapinch anyway cause without them life has no meaning.

It always kills me how long aron takes to evolve (I love them, but its like at least 7 levels too long ok, they just aren't powerful enough to still be useful unevolved at lv30) so I just stuck them and trapinch (also useless unevolved sorry flygon but its true) in the daycare till they could evolve

I actually stuck with using whismur (who I've never used before) and they surprised me that they actually aren't that bad in battle, and with the bonus that they level up really quickly especially compared to the rest of my team *cougharoncough*.

I was convinced I was doomed to not have a flying type till after the 5th gym there is a very small side route you can go on and turns out there are taillow there, lucky me cause otherwise my only candidate for Fly was flygon.

I was surprised to catch electrike, and then I remember they don't learn an electric move till lv20. (you catch them at like...12). That was a struggle. But they are doing much better now after I gave them thunderbolt (which they do not learn on their own for some reason...only spark and thunder??)

There is one other on my regular team not pictured here, machoke. Though I kinda cheated for them too cause I had zero use for two numels, so I really only used them for the normal gym and they have been sitting in the box since. I feel kinda bad using them for anything else and the team is still well-rounded even without them.

And yes. I have 7 zigzagoon. They are the bane of my existence. The first 3 pokemon I caught were zigzagoon (ralts was my second encounter on route 102 and I'm still upset). The only reason I was even able to beat the first gym was mudkip. I'm still sobbing over missing shroomish cause breloom is my second favorite pokemon to have during a gen 3 run (after flygon obviously). The team has finally rounded out though, I overleveled so much for the flying gym that I one-shot all of her pokemon (even altaria thanks to giving swampart ice beam, I'm telling you, swampart destroys)

Anyway that is the very exciting cliffnotes on my not nuzlocke. Maybe I'll at least finish the game this time instead of getting 90% there and quitting at the elite 4. Stares at my emerald run that I quit in the middle of victory road. I swear I do actually finish games. Really.

Bonus:
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me