Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Owlstar by ethium

Artist ethium [gallery]
Time spent 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Owlstar

Postby ethium » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:31 pm

I recently realized that I talk a lot about owlstar, but don't actually have a ref sheet for him,, so here it is!
    now im going to splurge tell you about the former leader of lagoonclan >:3 buckle in folks its a bumpy ride

okay! owlkit was born to two rogues, fog and poppy. Both of whom were very young, and wanted nothing to do with one another nor the child that poppy had conceived. Owlkit was left in the forest, presumably to die, until a patrol from lagoonclan came across him. He was brought to the camp, and moved by the situation granted permission to stay and be raised alongside the other kits of the clan. He was so young at this time that he doesn't remember anything outside of clan life, it wasn't until his later years that he even learned the name of his blood parents.

no cat specifically chose to take him in, he was really more or less raised by the entire clan at the time. which many have come to associate his varied skill set with. From hunting to fighting he excelled in it all, and enjoyed it immensely. The other apprentices quickly became quite jealous with him, for he was never assigned a formal mentor. Which went against practically everything, it made him special. and he loved it.

regardless of his lack of a mentor, yarrowstar granted him the title of warrior and he received his full name. Owlstrike. Throughout his training there was only ever one cat that he truly connected with, and that was berryfur. Berryfur was practically owlstrike's double and the two got along so well that many cats joked they were conjoined. They were both big, intimidating and excelled at their training along with being slight outcasts because of both their success and parentage. There was plenty to relate to, and the two quickly bonded over it all.

During the battle of no-stars (might explain later. if anyones interested) Yarrowstar's deputy died sacrificing himself for his leader, but this turned out to be in vain, as yarrowstar was mortally wounded soon after and on his last life. While dying on the battle field, with his last breath he declared Owlstrike as the new leader of lagoonclan, and perished almost imminently after. Owlstrike, now named Owlstar received his nine lives and to no ones surprised declared Berryfur as his new deputy. The two entered a new age within the clan, an age of peace and prosperity. That is, until Frostclan's fall.

Frostclan's deputy died while defending her clan, her mate had disappeared and so the warrior quailcry brought larchkit to lagoonclan, and lightningkit to stormclan (who sadly perishes on the journey to stormclan after the pair dropped larchkit off) Owlstar, reminded of his own upbringing, sought to raise larchkit as his own. And he did just that, teaching her all that he knew before she was even ready to become an apprentice. It was clear that she would be apprenticed by her own adoptive father, and that is precisely what happened. The two were inseparable, and when the proud time came for larchpaw to receive her warrior name. Her father proudly granted it to her. Larchstorm.

It must have been at least twelve moons since larchstorm's official naming, when owlstar was murdered ruthlessly by cobrabite. Though at the time the murderer had not been discovered, larchstorm sought vengeance and thus begins that story..
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me