Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Ready To Fly by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 59 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ready To Fly

Postby Swirlshine » Fri May 08, 2020 11:08 am

"It's not what it seems, this isn't a dream
It's a wonderful life!"

(I find it extremely funny that this piece and the last one I did have COMPLETELY opposite vibes. Like, COMPLETELY. XDD

IT'S DONE. Ohhhhh man, did this take me a while. ;-;

This is an entry for an art contest hosted by the wonderful @harleypig127 on Instagram! The challenge was to draw her griffin character, Quill, in a scene related to an Owl City song. I did the song Ready To Fly, which isn't technically BY Adam, but he sings the whole thing so it basically counts (I asked about using it as well, and the host of this contest said it was fine!), XD. Quill can't technically fly, but I wanted to draw him in a sort of dreamlike, magical scene, so that's why there are clouds and sparkles and all that. It was kinda empty though, so I added in some vibrantly-colored birds (which are all real types, btw! The pastel one is a pink-necked green pigeon, the purple and white one is a violet-backed starling, and the one more in the distance on the very bottom is a lilac-breasted roller!), which was good for helping my practice bird anatomy and poses as well! ^^ I originally had a completely different idea for this piece - completely different perspective and setting and everything - but I've never drawn a griffin before (unless me at 12 drawing Gilda from MLP counts....), and as soon as I started drawing Quill I realized... yeah, I can't do that. So this isn't quiteeee what I wanted, but I still like it anyway! I should draw some Quill fanart again to practice at some point, he's such a CUTIE!!! ;-;

Quill belongs to Harleypig127 on Instagram, and this art may only be used by her!! And the big question - did this really take almost 7 hours? Yes, yes it did. I'm slow, but we all knew that already, didn't we? XD
Have a great day everyone, hope you're all doing well! <3
Last edited by Swirlshine on Sat May 09, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ready To Fly

Postby JK341 » Fri May 08, 2020 11:33 am

oh man this is great! youre pretty darn awesome at drawing wings i have to say! ^^
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ready To Fly

Postby Swirlshine » Fri May 08, 2020 11:42 am

J-and-K341 wrote:oh man this is great! youre pretty darn awesome at drawing wings i have to say! ^^

Aw, really?! Thank you, ahh!! ;-; I've been sub-conciously trying to improve my wings for a while now, so I'm glad it seems to be paying off, haha! ^^

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me