Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Let's have a chat! (+followers check) by >> Leafstorm515

Artist >> Leafstorm515 [gallery]
Time spent 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Let's have a chat! (+followers check)

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:56 am

Ft. my beautiful girl Talullah

So there's two parts to this little post that I want to touch on. First, I'd love to know if I have anyone following me on oekaki! I've always been too afraid to ask because I feel like there aren't alot of you but I'm going to be brave and just checfor fun. If you could tell me why you follow that would be rad too, I always like hearing what people have to say. If you do follow, thank you so much! It's really great to know that people out there enjoy some of my work.

============================================================

SECONDLY lets sit down and have a chat, friend to friend. (Since anyone reading this is now lumped into my friends, sorry I don't make the rules).
Making and creating art is something that I've always really enjoyed. It's been something I do to relive stress, pass the time, and just in general use my hands to create. I always think that art of any kind should be appreciated for its value, since when you create art of any kind you're putting something good into the world that didn't exist before you put your mind to making it real.

That being said, there has been some negative self-talk floating around by artists who feel like they aren't being noticed or aren't ''''as good''' as other artist. Let me say, we've all been there. Everyone has moments of self-doubt or moments of disliking their own work. That's part of the creative process unfortuantely. It makes me sad to see people feeling like they don't have anyone to go to about these feelings, or that they feel stuck and need help but don't know how to ask or even look for help.

I don't know much about drawing and such, but I'm a designer by trade. I love to design things and over the years I feel like I've come to be decent at my work. I love more than anything to see new artists, new designers, creating new characters and starting out their own journey towards bettering themselves. I just wanted to say that if anyone ever wants any kind of help, suggestions, tutorials, ANYTHING like that about my design process or how I do it (Since there are literally hundreds of ways to do it!! Everyone's process is diffrent and all processes are valid and wonderful!) PLEASE PLEASE just reach out to me! I'm more than glad to help you in whatever way I can. I've always wanted to help and looking back I learned a ton from many designers along the way who were kind enough to help me out and share their tricks with me. I'M HERE FOR Y'ALL 100%. Even if you just need someone to vent to about art frustration or just to chat with abotu characters and designing, please hit me up. I've always loved the community on cs and I think that connecting with other people is always my favorite part.

If you only take 2 things away from this post, just remember that 1.) your talents are unique and wonderfully yours, and comparing them to others is like comparing an apple to a banana - both fruits, but diffrent and not comparable. Celebrate your talents and the talents of others, but don't use the talents of others to harshly judge your own. You're on a journey, and there's diffrent levels. <3 2.) you can always ask for help! CS is full of really great people who are very talented and willing to help. It can be scary sometimes to ask for someones help or even for tips about how to do something, but I gaurentee this not only prepares you for real life situations, it will also lead to connections with people you might have never met otherwise.

So in conclusion, go out and be kind. Share your talents and skills with others and treat everyone with respect. You never know what someone is dealing with and art is a great way to cope.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk. <3

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Let's have a chat! (+followers check)

Postby jointedwishes » Fri May 01, 2020 8:57 am

Im a follower
now time to read all the words you wrote lol
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reze » Fri May 01, 2020 8:58 am

heyo i'm following i love your art/designs!!
she/doll/splat
reze

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wack » Fri May 01, 2020 8:58 am

HI HERE UHHhhHH that hit me w/ the feels
wack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Fri May 01, 2020 9:03 am

aaAA i follow!! As you could probably guess with all the adopts I've been buying haha cx
you're designs are gorgeous and your style is so cute sacdvfbg
Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 am

of course i follow you fam i've been lowkey stalking your designs for so long

But aaa your big ol positivity post means the world <3 Even I get self conscious about my art and designs, particularly if i get in a rutt and start comparing past works of mine to current works. Of course my art has grown, but there'll always be those moments.

That aside- if you ever wanna talk characters i have so many and need to talk about them more since i usually don't get the chance outside some artwork of them (which i get too tired to do)- But hmu i love my kiddos and absolutely want to hear about yours
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coppercanary » Fri May 01, 2020 9:15 am

aaa I follow you!! your art is amazing and your designs are incredible,, stealing my chicken moneys

but what you said does make me feel a lot better about my art! just got to keep working and know that I'll probably improve eventually

// canary // they/them // ecology student //

hey! the name’s canary, i like to draw
things i enjoy are cats (esp genetics),
reading, dragons, and birds
// artfight // toyhouse // click the babas //

coppercanary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grill, » Fri May 01, 2020 9:37 am

hello

#1 Corpse Husband enjoyer since 2016
Don't pm/ask me about commissions
Grill,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tūī » Fri May 01, 2020 9:38 am

ah yes i follow
      edit;; :0 that ted talk was indeed wonderful
      thank you for taking your time to write it, it definitely made me feel a bit better about the art i produce.
Last edited by tūī on Fri May 01, 2020 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
tūī

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:46 am

leaf you know ive been a fan of your designs for years, and ofc im following <3
you're so sweet and talented, and i really appreciate all the times where we could just talk and relate to each other dude!!

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me