Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

I think this is my first wip so that's smthn by coelagirl

Based on Click to view
Artist coelagirl [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

I think this is my first wip so that's smthn

Postby coelagirl » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:10 pm

This was going to be a redraw but honestly i just dont know how to draw animals. this head looks pretty cool though, so I'm still gonna post it!

OH if you want to finish this, let me know and I'll add you
Sister | Toyhouse | ArtFight
I was chosendragon | Ugly bag of mostly water
Coel (say "seal") | she/her/hers | adult | BLM

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I think this is my first wip so that's smthn

Postby Skiv » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:25 pm

thank you for posting, this is really nice to see your process!
what do you mean you don't know how to draw animals??? huh???
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coelagirl » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:44 pm

Skiv wrote:thank you for posting, this is really nice to see your process!

Thank You for commenting!! I really like seeing an artist's process myself, so it's kind of strange I never revealed that part of my own work. though in truth i usually do all the line art at once before colour, but i was super givin up on this one

Here's the probably too real answer to your nice question: I guess my perceived inability to draw animals is less ability to put Lines and Colours in Places to look like an Animal more like I have a hard time picturing non-humans in 3D in my mind's eye, which makes it hard for me to imagine them in different angles and come up with interesting composition. Here's an insight into my process; I imagine my mind's eye as a 3D modeling program, where I can turn the thing i wanna draw around and shine different lights on it, etc. I'm pretty okay at modeling humans, but barely have a fully formed vision of a wolf, let alone a dragon, which makes me feel like i'm on shaky ground when drawing quadrapeds. the only thing I had fully modeled in my head was that dragon's face, which means it was the only thing I was confidant about, which means it was the only thing I drew today. And that was the TMI answer lol

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:48 pm

coelagirl wrote:

Thank You for commenting!! I really like seeing an artist's process myself, so it's kind of strange I never revealed that part of my own work. though in truth i usually do all the line art at once before colour, but i was super givin up on this one

Here's the probably too real answer to your nice question: I guess my perceived inability to draw animals is less ability to put Lines and Colours in Places to look like an Animal more like I have a hard time picturing non-humans in 3D in my mind's eye, which makes it hard for me to imagine them in different angles and come up with interesting composition. Here's an insight into my process; I imagine my mind's eye as a 3D modeling program, where I can turn the thing i wanna draw around and shine different lights on it, etc. I'm pretty okay at modeling humans, but barely have a fully formed vision of a wolf, let alone a dragon, which makes me feel like i'm on shaky ground when drawing quadrapeds. the only thing I had fully modeled in my head was that dragon's face, which means it was the only thing I was confidant about, which means it was the only thing I drew today. And that was the TMI answer lol

Oh wow, that's really fascinating! I bet you'd be really good with Blender then eh?
No wonder your compositions are so good, you've got a true artistic eye~ ^^
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coelagirl » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:10 pm

Skiv wrote:
coelagirl wrote:

Oh wow, that's really fascinating! I bet you'd be really good with Blender then eh?
No wonder your compositions are so good, you've got a true artistic eye~ ^^

oh ho ho thanks again! It really does help, but so does like. looking at other art. I've actually never even tried Blender or any other such, software, in fact; im not sure where this way of explaining my process even comes from lol

coelagirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me