Turn back!

"Turn back!" by Hexcadia

Dressup entry

Turn back!

Postby Hexcadia » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:28 am

Your quest had led you thus far, and the intimidating black forest that lay before you shan't force you to turn back. The sounds of your own paw-steps hitting the oddly laid path in the unexplored forest were no easier to listen to then the sounds of the wildlife itself - or rather the lack there of. Your paws are rather large, and make a gentle thump, click noise from the sounds of your paw pads,and then claws thumping off the stones. You haven't got a clue why you're following an unmarked path, but these thoughts are desperately interrupted when a pair of eyes meet yours in the shadows. "Please, turn back," the wind blows softly in your ears, and you almost believe you've heard a voice. The more you focus on the eyes, the dimmer they get. A breeze blows by your ears again, and you shiver. "Please turn back.. it isn't safe here.." you can make out the whispers again.. but this must simply be your paranoia. The eyes are gone; although you can't shake the feeling that you're being watched. Pawsteps scuffle to your right, then to your left. It must be the wildlife you condemn yourself, trekking on. You nearly force your way atop a large crow, standing in the center of the flattened, dead earth you used as a path.His eyes reflect an unknown source of life, brimming red on the nearly moonless night. The bird caws once, loudly, and takes off. A warning call. Looking where he'd stood, the path is littered with poisonous mushrooms "You musn't go on..." you glance around at the breeze, but as soon as it was there... it's vanished again, as if it's just your mind playing tricks on you. You ignore the unease settling in your stomach, and tread on- lightly avoiding the overgrown path's poisons. Before much longer, a threateningly large snake slithers into your view, hissing defiantly. You swear he's speaking to you. "This is not the place you are looking for... leave before you are killed...". The fur along your back is on it's edge, prickling with unease. "I come through here for a reason." You state soulfully. "I will not turn back at the site of a simple snake or a shroom. this is just my nerves getting to me. I will fight on." "Will you, now?" A voice booms from the path you've just come down. You spin on your heels to see where the voice had echoed from so suddenly. The unknown cat descended a tree stealthily, his ugly- furless body like a mass of tissue on no more than bone. His eyes were narrow with hatred as the crow from before landed on his side, his eyes reflecting the same beckoning red as the Crow's. "Is it just your nerves?" he asks, as if he is just another figment of imagination. The tom proceeds to shred up the mushrooms with his claws, and in their dust more small figures appear-no more than eyes and black goop against the already dead plant life. His shadow stands long down the path, and
more eyes begin to filter in around him. Each step he takes kills the wildlife before and around him; causing it to blister sorely and wilt. "You truly believe my warnings are your imagination?" He hisses, and the trees his back to you. " run!" the trees seem to beg you, wilting against the tom cat's presence, as he stumbled forward on faulty; abnormally heavy paws. They click painfully. He's partly made of stone! His face is partially set, showing off his bright canine teeth in a magnificent, permanent snarl. "Well? Your little forest friends are whispering to you! I'd run, if I were you. Or I might just catch up!" he cackled maniacly, tossing his head back and allowing the black feathers and bird skull to slide to the ground along side his hat; and without more of a warning, the tom cat howled with the force of a hurricane, seemingly calling the shadows and the whispers to his side, darkening around him before he bounded forward towards you. instinct. Your eyes wild with fear, your body seems to turn up on it's own; fueling you forward without question to get away from the crazy hairless warlock.
Hexcadia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me