Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

birdface by scythe.

Artist scythe. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

birdface

Postby scythe. » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 pm

local tiefling loses memory, goes by 'birdface' to fellow party members in the absence of their name; messes with fire magic despite having nasty burn scars on half their body. more at 11

anyhow they're my awful pyromaniac dnd character (dmpc? npc party member??? ;v;)
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: birdface

Postby Leopard_14 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:53 pm

this is perfect
my dnd character is a dysfunctional barbarian half elf who manages to get terrible rolls or critical failures EVERY SINGLE TIME and causes our druid (who has the worst attack stats) to have to attack and do all the damage while our mage be selfish and use me as a meat shield. We somehow havent died. Yet.

edit: oh yes and we don't plan what we do beforehand, we charged a monster meant for lvl 3s as our first battle as lvl ones and had to persuade it to go away bc our dm took pity on us failing.
inactive- only leaving account for oekaki gallery
Leopard_14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scythe. » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:18 pm

leopardspots142 wrote:this is perfect
my dnd character is a dysfunctional barbarian half elf who manages to get terrible rolls or critical failures EVERY SINGLE TIME and causes our druid (who has the worst attack stats) to have to attack and do all the damage while our mage be selfish and use me as a meat shield. We somehow havent died. Yet.

edit: oh yes and we don't plan what we do beforehand, we charged a monster meant for lvl 3s as our first battle as lvl ones and had to persuade it to go away bc our dm took pity on us failing.

oh that sounds lovely, barbarians are fun to play and this fellow sounds amazing. I do hope you get better rolls though, I know how that feels ;v; rip Boom the goblin. (ironically, she did not go 'boom'.) on the upside, at least barbarians have one of the better health pools of all the classes...?

my party is mostly just a bunch of rude and snarky folks (most of which have amnesia after waking up in a cave together) trying to save the world, and it's just. a bunch of rogues/sorcerers, a bard, and a paladin, so nobody can really take a hit except for the paladin.
Thara gets along best with the paladin; they're both a bit spastic and Thara can usually convince the paladin (Bilver, a rock gnome) to go along with their pranks (which are almost always egg-themed).
here's something of an old sketch of the two, from shortly after the beginning of the campaign:
(poor Bilver is the only one as of yet with a positive strength modifier. Gods save this squad of noodle-armed doofuses.)
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Noraku. » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:23 pm

don't you love it when you get crit failures or fail something on everyturn? cause i do. :'3

i actually have a sorta dillusional elf ranger who thinks she's a water spirit and she used to live in a desert-
    she somehow barely scrapes past rolls and i have never used her in combat so i have yet to try her out ;w;

are you guys in any campaigns right now? i would love to know what they are if you are!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
``one day, i'll
leave you behind!``

➤ call me roku or merit!
➤ she/her and they/them
➤ pisces!
➤ probably obsessed with
blue exorcist, the rising
of the shield hero,
the disastrous life of
saiki k and pokemon!
➤ pms are always open!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Noraku.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leopard_14 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:27 pm

Noraku. wrote:
    don't you love it when you get crit failures or fail something on everyturn? cause i do. :'3

i actually have a sorta dillusional elf ranger who thinks she's a water spirit and she used to live in a desert-
    she somehow barely scrapes past rolls and i have never used her in combat so i have yet to try her out ;w;

are you guys in any campaigns right now? i would love to know what they are if you are!

heh um am I? oh boy
Im in two groups, one which im starting tmrw as a half-elf ranger.
That campaigns homebrew.

Then uh.. my first group? we're a group of 4 + my friends dads friend as the DM, and we have this habit of starting a campaign, getting bored, starting another campaign, getting bored, and repeating. We'll revisit the campaigns until we die (we all died, once- actually with the character imma reuse for tomorrow). I think we have like 4 going right now? we have never finished one XD

The one we all died on was Hoard of the Dragon queen, I would HIGHLY recommend it it was a lot of fun, but idk what the other ones are called
inactive- only leaving account for oekaki gallery
Leopard_14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scythe. » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Noraku. wrote:

tbh whenever one die starts rolling poorly it gets put in dice jail :') like I do NOT have time for u to try to murder my poor bird nerd, kindly go sit in the empty pirouette wafer can as penance for your crimes. instead I will roll this slightly darker blue d20 and hope it doesn't also crave tiefling blood.

ooh, she sounds fun though! I support her and her water spirit adventures! I believe in her!!

I'm actually dming a little group with some college friends; besides myself, there are 6 others (though two have sketchy-at-best attendance so I tend to make two versions of each session, one where they show and one where they don't, so fights aren't ridiculously easy/hard.) it's all homebrew! (tbh I got into dnd because of the adventure zone: balance, which is sort of like going to clown college because the mcelroys really do just cheese it by the skin of their bums, and I tend to do similar? like rules are rules unless they're dumb or someone has a better idea. the point is to have fun and tell a somewhat interesting and coherent story, not to argue about proximity or whatever; at least, that's what my group agreed on, haha.)

the map is still being fleshed out as they explore, but here's what it looks like so far; I'm fairly proud of it!
the basic gist of it is that there are two main houses of gods governing the chaotic and orderly side of everything (like, pan would be the chaotic god of nature, but gaea would be the orderly god of nature, that sort of thing) and that before the heads of the chaos and order pantheons came to their current truce, they created a sort of 'embodiment' of their ideals to consume and recreate the world. one of them is still alive, it managed to get sealed under the ocean and cannot leave water, there are three really big god-dragons living somewhere on the continent, every other continent on the planet has been swallowed by the sea, this continent was raised from the sea by some very powerful wizards and is being held up by a giant robot, it's... complicated. the party is currently trying to find pieces of the heart of the giant robot, under threat of the AI that lives in the robot. they're close to the third!
scythe.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me