Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

art help? by mina .

Artist mina . [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

art help?

Postby mina . » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:17 pm

hi i want to start taking art more seriously!

do you guys have any tips or resources i can use?

also im really proud of this hand practice twt its the first time i've ever successfully painted hh

note: hhhh imma probably add more to this and render it more but im not tryna achieve perfect realism anyway ;;
mina .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: art help?

Postby MistCat » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:13 pm

This looks amazing!

Proko is a youtube channel that covers a wide variety of topics with detailed tutorials with frequent guest appearances and interviews with experienced artists. They break up learning how to draw the human body into different segments so they can really focus on say learning to draw an ear, instead of rushing through an entire video of 'how to draw a person'.

New masters academy on youtube, while they mostly contain advertisements for content you have to pay quite a bit of money for, have some wonderful timed study videos.

While not super tutorial-based, I love the channel Arleebean, as she tests out many art products, explains things very well, has lovely art and specializes in watercolor and gauche.

Unsplash has a good library of stock images of all sorts of things.

Last and certainly least is design doll, a downloadable program that lets you pose a model to kinda figure out how the pose works, it's not very realistic in proportions but gives a good-ish sends of what's going on.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and good luck with your art! :)
░░░░░░░░░░░░𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮!░░░░░░░░░░░

Mist - She/Her - Adult‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎

Welcome to my humble signature, I hope you're doing well!
I'm just a local sunback enthusiast who is here for the art.‎
Always happy to talk ocs or designs or just cool doodles
in general! Sorta bad at keeping up conversation but I never
mind PMs! I'm not super active rn though.

Please credit my art and designs @ my TH, Mistcat.‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎

MistCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hiero » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:59 am

here are a couple pdfs I keep at hand
one
two
also the asaro head is great for getting down the planes of the face
im not all that great yet, but it has helped tremendously
gaydrian#2665
hiero

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lux lisbon » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:33 am

these books if you haven't heard of them, i specifically recommend the constructive anatomy, life drawing, and 100 hands ones ! you can find pdfs online i'm sure, and they're probably available at most bookstores. bridgman isn't trying to teach you how to draw, but how to view the body in masses and planes that will help you draw them. if that makes sense?
aj alper on instagram posts lots of portraits and guides on portrait painting if you're into that
this dude on instagram is a really great painter who's super into realism and the importance of values. he posts a lot on his story about classical artists and what makes their art realistic, i find it very valuable and interesting

and here's so artists/instagram accounts filled with art that really inspires me!! all artists that are very technically skilled, they inspire me 2 improve :,)) anywhereuwannago soybeansoul cathykings seoyeongrong interstellarlaw sundaysmiles (my favourite!!!!!!)
and for me personally, the thing that drives me to improve the most and take art seriously is drawing inspo from/consuming a lot of classical art!! go to art museums/galleries and do studies of paintings n sculptures! notice what makes them good and translate that into your own art
p.s. the painting looks wonderful!!!
lux lisbon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mina . » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:49 pm

Waa! Thank you guys for all of the help!!
mina .

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me