Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Illusionist by Lostfairy

Artist Lostfairy [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Illusionist

Postby Lostfairy » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:22 am

HAAAAAPPY LATE BIRTHDAYYYYY, SUPERVERL!!!!!! ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ

When I heard it was your birthday, Super, I knew I just HAD to draw something for you! I'm a little over a week late but at least I'm finally done! Your Arlo boy is such a beautifully designed character, gosh! Being able to draw him made me feel like it was my birthday gift, he was so fun to draw. ;-;

But anyway, Super, I just wanted to let you know that you're a huge blessing to me. <3 Whenever you comment on my art, your compliments are always so thoughtful, like you studied my art and actually took the time to see it. You're quick to encourage and you give me boosts of inspiration and energy, the motivation to get better at art, to practice more, learn and grow more. I really appreciate all you do. <3 I'm so glad that on this big site, we found each other. Your art is always a welcoming sight in my recent art posted from artists I follow gallery. Thanks again for drawing Baekhyun last month. <33 Having causal conversations about kpop is really nice. ^^

Just... thanks for being you. Thanks for living, basically. <3 I know you've got a big, bright future ahead of you. I hope this next year of your journey goes well and is the best one yet.

I wanted to try out a dynamic pose and also attempt a tad bit of backlighting. IT WAS SO FUN. When I get in the right creative mood, I actually LOVE trying out new things?! It feels great. I haven't ever tried backlighting so I definitely looked at my sister's beautiful art for help! (It helped a LOT. <3) I just hope it all looks okay. ^^,

The timer is off by 5-10 minutes, I used a mouse, and please don't steal/repost this art or the character, he belongs to SuperVerl! And I looked at this for pose reference!

All comments and likes are appreciated. <3
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Illusionist

Postby .Cas. » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:25 am

Happy birthday to your friend, and awesome art!
I’m leaving the site. Anything that is unlocked in my trades or items is up for grabs. PM me for locked pets or C$
.Cas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SuperVerl » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:57 am

OSIGhOIeshgERh HE LOOKS SO GOOOOOOD, you are an angel I swear. Are you sure I'm the thoughtful encouraging one? Because honestly when I read your descriptions and see how hard you try it fills me with determination. Personally I prefer compliments that are more thoughtful, so I always try to give them! I love his design too, wish I thought of it myself haha. I did a character for character trade awhile back and that's his origin story >w< I'm glad you had fun though!

And for real, I appreciate you a lot. So you're a blessing to me too c:> Let's toast to both of our art journey's this year. Kanpai! Prost! Cheers! I can tell it's already working because your experiment with back lighting ended up so well. He's so cute, AH. Also his hair is really hard to draw sometimes but you were spot on??

Oh, and one last thing haha. Most of my friends call me Verl. You've had those rights for awhile now but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to embarrass you accidentally xD People do call me super though, and you may still call me that! I just thought I'd let you in on the alternative owo

Thank you thank you thank you for this. I will cherish it. Let me tell you it feels great to get a birthday gift after your birthday is already done xD

Toyhouse 💛💛💛 Image
Hey friends, play Monster Hunter
SuperVerl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:46 am

.Cas. wrote:Happy birthday to your friend, and awesome art!

Thank you!!! <33

SuperVerl wrote:
    OSIGhOIeshgERh HE LOOKS SO GOOOOOOD, you are an angel I swear. Are you sure I'm the thoughtful encouraging one? Because honestly when I read your descriptions and see how hard you try it fills me with determination. Personally I prefer compliments that are more thoughtful, so I always try to give them! I love his design too, wish I thought of it myself haha. I did a character for character trade awhile back and that's his origin story >w< I'm glad you had fun though!

And for real, I appreciate you a lot. So you're a blessing to me too c:> Let's toast to both of our art journey's this year. Kanpai! Prost! Cheers! I can tell it's already working because your experiment with back lighting ended up so well. He's so cute, AH. Also his hair is really hard to draw sometimes but you were spot on??

Oh, and one last thing haha. Most of my friends call me Verl. You've had those rights for awhile now but I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to embarrass you accidentally xD People do call me super though, and you may still call me that! I just thought I'd let you in on the alternative owo

Thank you thank you thank you for this. I will cherish it. Let me tell you it feels great to get a birthday gift after your birthday is already done xD

Hidusihfusifghdsgs, I can easily assure you I am the furthest thing from an angel but thank you so so much?!! ;__; He's a really cute lil dude, hearing his origin story is neat. >u<

That means a lot me, dude. <3 I hope 2020 is a year full of lots of growth for the both of us! I'll always cheer ya on. <3 I want to experiment with more lighting, it'll be fun and it's a good thing to learn. And WAIT, WHAT, HIS HAIR?! I struggled SO much with his hair cuz I wanted it to be affected by the fact that he's moving but still look like his normal hairstyle. Thank you so much, oh my gosh. <33

Oh, you could've told me in the first place! Here I was calling you the wrong name, haha! Thanks for telling me, Verl, I'll call you that from now on. c;

Thank youuuuu for liking it so much. <33333 Your comment made my week.
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me