Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Softstep Ref Sheet by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Softstep Ref Sheet

Postby Swirlshine » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:50 pm

WOOHOO, she's finalized!! Really loving this gal, she's got a much more complicated design than my other OCs, but like I mentioned before, she's more of a minor character, so I won't have to draw it as much anyway, XD! But I found a picture of a chocolate tortoishell-and-white cat online, and I immediately knew I wanted to make her based off of it! So she's one herself! ^^

Anywho, now for some written-out info, for my sake and uh, anyone else who cares to learn more about her, I guess! XD

Name: Softstep
Clan: RiverClan
Family: Sister of Fogpond (female, alive) and Flakepaw (male, deceased). Born to Flintwhisker (father, alive) and Pebblecreek (mother, alive).
Description: Softstep is an extremely kind and even-tempered cat by nature. She's very passionate about her role as medicine cat, and, although she's pretty young, she works hard and handles all of her duties on her own, as her old mentor recently retired to the elder's den. She loves collecting pretty feathers and flowers in her free time and decorating her nest with them, or wearing them behind her ear. Softstep strongly believes that her den should be a safe place for all cats, so she's always glad to let another cat come in and talk to her about their problems, and will try her best to give them advice where it's needed. Softstep herself rarely shows any sort of negative emotions, though. She's rarely angry, as only a few things, such as ill treatment of others and unnecessary arguments, make her so. However, thought she doesn't show it, she still very much feels sadness and grief throughout her life. When she and her littermates were apprentices, her brother, Flakepaw, caught a mysterious disease unknown to the medicine cats, and sadly passed away. After his death, Softstep, then Softpaw, was extremely distraught, and she's never quite been the same since that day. Any time a Clanmate of hers passes to StarClan, or if sickness spreads around the camp, Softstep is flooded with awful memories and guilt. She's very somber on the outside when a death does happen, reluctantly but maturely accepting it, but she's never admitted that they tear her up on the inside. Despite this, as long as the Clan is alright, Softstep is generally a very happy cat with a good-natured, sarcastic sense of humor, and a lot of love for the cats around her.

*DO NOT claim this design, or anything extremely similar, as your own! Softstep's name, design, personality, and story are 100% original and made by me. <3*

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me