Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

DTIYS: Spiderstar by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

DTIYS: Spiderstar

Postby Swirlshine » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:15 pm

I figured this would be quick and easy, but due to my perfectionist mind, it turned out to be only easy. XDD

But anywho, this is a Draw This In Your Style submission for squirrelflight_the_great on Instagram! The cat shown is one of her villain OCs, Spiderstar! I really like this design and character, so I figured I'd give it a go!
Looking back to the first DTIYS I did, I realized that the style I used resembled the original piece way too much without even realizing it at the time. The whole point of that type of contest is to draw the piece in your own unique way, to show off your art style along with everyone else's! So this time, I only focused on keeping the basics similar, but allowing myself to freely incorporate my style into the piece any way I want! I have to say... I feel a lot better about this one. ^^

Not much to say really - the timer's pretty correct, minus maybe... 20 mins, and this character and the general design of the piece belongs to @squirreflight_the_great on Instagram! Have a wonderful weekend! <3
(Oh! And if anyone's curious and wants to follow me on Insta, I'm @swirlofserendipity! You of course don't have to, only if you want to! <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me