Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

New Year, New Decade by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 10 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

New Year, New Decade

Postby Swirlshine » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:39 pm

Dang. This took me way longer than I thought. I have absolutely no idea what that timer says, and while I do know it's a bit off, yes, I did take a very long time on this, XD. But it was really fun and I got super invested in it, so that's why. c:

Anywho, this is my New Year's/new decade artwork, yay!! A few days late, but eh, oh well! I wrote "2010's" on it because I wanted to honor the decade part of 2020, but truthfully, it pictures the many characters and people who were the biggest part of my 2019 and greatly impacted me. I debated about changing that last 0, but eh, I decided against it!
I wish I could have included all my absolutely friends here too, because they definitely kept me going 100%, but unfortunately this already took long enough, not to mention the canvas isn't the biggest. So I couldn't do that this time. ;-; It doesn't mean I don't cherish you, though (you all know who you are), and please know that I really, really do wish I could've added you all! <333

If you're wondering who's who...

Center: Me (with an Eevee!)
Gray cat: Crowfeather, to represent my love for the Warriors series
Light brown cat: Scatterdrop, my Warriors OC
Green dog: Oliver, my first OC
Cream-colored fennec fox: Haven, my newest OC
Red hoodie: DanTDM
Gray t-shirt: Adam Young/Owl City
White hoodie and flamingo: Flamingo/Albert

Anywho, uh, 2019-reflection time, I guess! XD
If you don't feel like reading my sorta-venty rambling, you can skip past all these paragraphs to the end if you'd like, or just stop here altogether! C;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Being entirely honest, 2019 wasn't the best year for me at all. In fact, I'm kinda sorry to label it as one of the lower-ranking ones in my memory. A lot happened this past year, a lot that I wasn't prepared for, even if I thought I was. School got tougher in the second half of the year, despite me mentally telling myself the first couple of weeks that things were gonna work out fine. I felt like I was falling behind in almost all subjects, and I couldn't even seem to do as well as I used to at things I'd always loved and had a knack for, like choir. Tbh, it kinda felt like I lost a big part of myself, you know? The confidence I had gained from 2018 was pretty much stomped out, and soon I just felt like my life was going in circles: almost the exact same, dull routine every day, with nothing much to look forward to. Yeesh, looking back on that... it was a scary feeling, being trapped in such a rut like that. It really was.
This year, before the new school year started, I was pretty much terrified at even the thought of school returning, because I didn't want to go through that all over again. And then a couple other things happened throughout the rest of the year... yeah. That's the bad. Yippee. Sorry about all that... :1
But okay, it was actually a really good year sometimes, too? After the 2018-19 school year ended, I had a wonderful summer where I felt completely at peace mostly everyday. Later, once school returned, I was able to connect and become even closer with some of my old friends from middle school. I became even better in conversations and talking to/interacting with people in general. Choir became easier, and now I feel like I truly do fit into that class. I regained some of my confidence regarding intelligence. I grew even closer still to my best friends, and we had lots of fun times together. I improved greatly in my art, more than I thought I had at first. I made new OCs. I found my favorite YouTubers. I had a great Christmas with my family. Yeah, there was lots and lots of good, too.
So I hope 2020 is different, yes. I hope it doesn't include the hardships that last year had, or that they're at least not as extreme this time around. But I also hope it has lots of good moments, just like 2019, ones that I'll always remember.
I suppose I'll just have to see. So, let's do this. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oi, sorry. I tend to go on and on sometimes, I guess, my apologies!!! But I really, really hope that 2020 is wonderful for all of you - even if you're really not feeling it, and you think it'll probably suck, keep in mind that there's always good in the world around you! You've got this. <3

Happy New Year and new decade, everyone!!!!! <33

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Year, New Decade

Postby JK341 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:48 pm

ahh such a nifty art piece, friend, and ack, sorry to hear about last year not being so great! Dx I truly do wish you the absolute best for this year! <3
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:20 pm

J-and-K341 wrote:ahh such a nifty art piece, friend, and ack, sorry to hear about last year not being so great! Dx I truly do wish you the absolute best for this year! <3

Aw, thanks so much, you’re so kind! ;-; I’m hoping this year goes much better as well - gonna try and keep a positive mindset about that! <33

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:19 am

I'M SUPER DUPER LATE BUT I WANTED TO COMMENT SO THERE. I'M GOING TO COMMENT, NO MATTER HOW LATE I AM. c:

First of all, the art. This. Whole. Thing. ROCKS. I can't even express how much I love the little setup you did, with the Youtubers in the back and you in the front with all the smaller people/animals. It looks SO good. I always love it when people setup art like that. I'm in love with how you did it. ;-; Looks insanely good. And I love how all the people/animals represent something about your 2019/2010's. It's a really neat idea and it'll be nice to look back on. <33

And second, your description. Dang. That was really interesting and hard to read. It almost made me cry, truthfully. I hate seeing my best friends go through such hard times. </3 I know 2019 wasn't all bad but I wish I could have changed it for you. I would take away all those bad times in a heartbeat, you didn't deserve them. </33 I hope and pray that more of your confidence will come back, stronger than ever. <3 You've got this! Remember that no matter what happens, Jesus knows where you're heading and He's holding your hand and He'll lead you through life if you trust Him. He's got absolutely stunning plans for you and He can't wait for you to experience them. Just trust Him and allow him to lead you. That's something I tell myself and it really calms me down. <333

Sorry again for the late comment and THANK YOU FOR MAKING SO MANY BEAUTIFUL ART PIECES IN 2019. <333333 I can't wait to see where you're art will be at the end of 2020!
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me