Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Tall, Dark, & Handsome by Lostfairy

Artist Lostfairy [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Tall, Dark, & Handsome

Postby Lostfairy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:02 am

Oops, here I go again, drawing something that I don't have my to-draw list. (▰˘◡˘▰) I did work a little bit on a piece that I want to get done but then I felt like doodling.

I wanted to do some anatomy practice and oh my word. It was kind of enjoyable? Practicing new things has become quite fun for me. ^^ Also, this is supposed to be Kai but I can't draw faces today. c:

And, please ignore that sorry excuse of a hand.

I'M OUT OF WORDS. (‘~`,)

The timer is off by a few minutes, I used a mouse, it took one drawing session I keep drawing in the wrong Oekaki sections, aidjaifjs), and please don't steal/repost this! Ref.

All comments and likes are appreciated. Have a good day. <3
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tall, Dark, & Handsome

Postby SuperVerl » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:10 am

Ooo, I'm liking that arm. RIP not being able to draw faces, I relate.
    Also I think that hand is actually pretty good. Most people avoid drawing hands because they don't want to mess it up or they find them too hard. But if you never try it'll never get better, right? So great job trying!
    I have a confession, I haven't watched the Obsession MV yet o//_//o

Toyhouse 💛💛💛 Image
Hey friends, play Monster Hunter
SuperVerl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:19 am

SuperVerl wrote:
    Ooo, I'm liking that arm. RIP not being able to draw faces, I relate.
    Also I think that hand is actually pretty good. Most people avoid drawing hands because they don't want to mess it up or they find them too hard. But if you never try it'll never get better, right? So great job trying!
    I have a confession, I haven't watched the Obsession MV yet o//_//o

Sijdiafjsigx, thank you so much!!! I enjoyed shading his arm way too much. (/^~^//) And oh my gooshhh, I tried drawing his face for a little bit but it was turning out ugly and I didn't want to spend a lot of time on this art so WOO, SHADOWS.
Oh gosh, thank youuuu!!! It's true, I used to hide hands behind backs, etc. I still hide hands in pockets and stuff BUUUT I want to practice hands. What you said is very true! Maybe someday I'll be comfortable with hands. ^^ <3 Thank you for your sweet comment, it made my day. <3
DUUUUUDEEE, YOU HAVEN'T?!!!! WHATFKSNJIGSHGISZGJS1!! It's my top favorite MV of all time. I've seen it wayyy over 30 times already, legit. YOUNEEDTOWATCHITTTT!!! ヽ(゜∇゜)ノ
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SuperVerl » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:33 pm

You're so welcome <3 I like to speak my mind. You can never enjoy drawing too much if it's the thing that you love doing owo If you feel like something isn't coming out the way you wanted I do one of three things:
    1. Leave it as is. Nothing is perfect and I can't stress over it for forever. If I hide it then it might end up coming off as lazy
    2. Hide it xD Use a prop, a body part, an element of the foreground or something to cover said yucky area naturally. make sure it's distinguishable otherwise you'll end up making everything worse.
    3. Give up on the piece entirely ;~; I do not recommend this, but I have done it before. And hey, every rare once in awhile you have to abandon a project and try again! Maybe you didn't get it right the first time but the practice will help you for the next time c;
    I'm not very good at hands and really dislike drawing them. But hands add so much to a drawing so I'm trying to plow through each time ._.
    It's funny because tonight I went to a christmas party with my friends and another friend forced me to watch it when I said I hadn't seen it yet haha. Those special effects are so cool. Can't say I don't mind the human visuals either hahahaha

Toyhouse 💛💛💛 Image
SuperVerl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:23 am

SuperVerl wrote:
    You're so welcome <3 I like to speak my mind. You can never enjoy drawing too much if it's the thing that you love doing owo If you feel like something isn't coming out the way you wanted I do one of three things:
    1. Leave it as is. Nothing is perfect and I can't stress over it for forever. If I hide it then it might end up coming off as lazy
    2. Hide it xD Use a prop, a body part, an element of the foreground or something to cover said yucky area naturally. make sure it's distinguishable otherwise you'll end up making everything worse.
    3. Give up on the piece entirely ;~; I do not recommend this, but I have done it before. And hey, every rare once in awhile you have to abandon a project and try again! Maybe you didn't get it right the first time but the practice will help you for the next time c;
    I'm not very good at hands and really dislike drawing them. But hands add so much to a drawing so I'm trying to plow through each time ._.
    It's funny because tonight I went to a christmas party with my friends and another friend forced me to watch it when I said I hadn't seen it yet haha. Those special effects are so cool. Can't say I don't mind the human visuals either hahahaha

True, true! Sometimes I just feel bad if I spam the Oekaki boards with my art and I'd feel bad if people got tired of seeing my art style. (-n -)
1. Yessss, I do this sometimes but I need to remember to do it more often. I find myself drawing better if I decide "Hey, it doesn't have to be 'perfect.'" Then I can relax and everything turns out better. ^u^ But yeah, I doodled the hand and was like, "Meh, it'll do."
2. Oh, totally, I sometimes just use backgrounds or splotches of color or HANDY DANDY POCKETS IN CLOTHES to hide things. :3
3. I do that only if I've drawn for 15 minutes and it's just a dumb looking head and start of body or something. When I'm getting frustrated with art, I leave it, even for 10 minutes, and usually, when I come back to it, I can fix things up and stuff. I one time left a piece of half-finished art for a month and when I came back, I fixed it up and made it post-worthy! XD And sameeee, dude, we can learn how to draw hands together. ^^
You're filled with lots of wisdom, thanks for writing this comment. <3 It's filled with really good tips and reminders.
OH MY GOODNESS, YOU WATCHED IT!!!!! Yesss!!! And oh hahaha, I find the human visuals to be even better than the special effects, hah. XDD I'm glad you watched it!!!
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SuperVerl » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:53 pm

Lostfairy wrote:True, true! Sometimes I just feel bad if I spam the Oekaki boards with my art and I'd feel bad if people got tired of seeing my art style. (-n -)
1. Yessss, I do this sometimes but I need to remember to do it more often. I find myself drawing better if I decide "Hey, it doesn't have to be 'perfect.'" Then I can relax and everything turns out better. ^u^ But yeah, I doodled the hand and was like, "Meh, it'll do."
2. Oh, totally, I sometimes just use backgrounds or splotches of color or HANDY DANDY POCKETS IN CLOTHES to hide things. :3
3. I do that only if I've drawn for 15 minutes and it's just a dumb looking head and start of body or something. When I'm getting frustrated with art, I leave it, even for 10 minutes, and usually, when I come back to it, I can fix things up and stuff. I one time left a piece of half-finished art for a month and when I came back, I fixed it up and made it post-worthy! XD And sameeee, dude, we can learn how to draw hands together. ^^
You're filled with lots of wisdom, thanks for writing this comment. <3 It's filled with really good tips and reminders.
OH MY GOODNESS, YOU WATCHED IT!!!!! Yesss!!! And oh hahaha, I find the human visuals to be even better than the special effects, hah. XDD I'm glad you watched it!!!

I certainly don't get tired of your style, so don't ever feel bad for "spamming". Chickenpaint is here for all of our disposals! And besides I like seeing everything you do, even the little sketches and warm ups. But if you really feel too self conscious, just know that you don't always have to post them. You can do a practice drawing every single say and let it rot in your saved drawings forever. I mean, if you've ever seen one of qwertyo's streams you know how many unposted arts she has O)_(O

I've picked up a thing or two over the 10 years I've drawn. I haven't always put them into practice, especially considering that I haven't thought of art seriously for that long. As I think of things I'll let you know, you might get some use out of my "wisdom" yet xD

Toyhouse 💛💛💛 Image
SuperVerl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:55 am

SuperVerl wrote:
    I certainly don't get tired of your style, so don't ever feel bad for "spamming". Chickenpaint is here for all of our disposals! And besides I like seeing everything you do, even the little sketches and warm ups. But if you really feel too self conscious, just know that you don't always have to post them. You can do a practice drawing every single say and let it rot in your saved drawings forever. I mean, if you've ever seen one of qwertyo's streams you know how many unposted arts she has O)_(O

I've picked up a thing or two over the 10 years I've drawn. I haven't always put them into practice, especially considering that I haven't thought of art seriously for that long. As I think of things I'll let you know, you might get some use out of my "wisdom" yet xD

Aww, thank you so much. ;___; You're so sweet, thank youuuu!!! <3333 I'll keep this in mind. <3
Just... thank you for this whole comment. <3
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me