Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

~ivy's cheap sketch shop~ by Ivystars

Artist Ivystars [gallery]
Time spent 42 minutes
Drawing sessions 7

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

~ivy's cheap sketch shop~

Postby Ivystars » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:50 pm

sup! i'm bored and want to draw, so come at me! btw, the time spent and drawing sessions are inaccurate because i add seasonal stuff quite often and also because i'm too indecisive :p

rules:
~i reserve the right to decline your character. please don't take it personally, I just don't want to make you pay for a sketch if I know that i cannot deliver.
~please respect me and my art. i'm not particularly good at drawing, so that's why these are so cheap.
~be patient. i will try to get your sketch done as soon as possible, but i too have a life outside of CS.
~give proper credit. i'd hate to have to report you for something as simple as this, especially if you have just forgotten.
~i don't draw NSFW, gore, traditional, from descriptions or do art trades.
~i'll consider any offer, it does not have to be wishlist, it can be mixed, and i prefer pets and C$ over items and DA points.
~feel free to pm me if you have any questions!

how this works:
1. you post the form here and wait for me to accept
2. if i accept, you send me a trade offer (make sure it's ready to accept)
3. i sketch your characters considering the trade
4. i post the sketch, add you to it and accept the trade
5. i go and cry over why people are ordering my crappy art

FAQ:
isn't this just PWYW (pay what you want)?
no, it's a little different! PWYW means that whatever you pay, as long as it's at least the minimum, you will end up with the same end result. it relies on the honesty, fairness and judgement of the customers. This is slightly different-what you pay determines what you get.

about how long will you take?
it depends on the complexity of the order, but generally no longer than a week during holidays, and no longer than 2 weeks during normal days. if this seems long, sorry, but i have a pretty busy lifestyle outside of CS! if i take longer than these times, please feel free to give me a reminder, as i may have just forgotten about it!
you will know that i have finished when i accept your trade!

what is the general price for this?
i prefer not to set a general price, just so people aren't pressured to pay it, but you guys want to know, so... generally, i go by what customers think is fair combined with the general price of sketches. for example, if you just offered a couple of recent commons, you'd probably get a super-sketchy headshot with little to no refinement. however, if you offered something like a 2013 rare, you'd get a sketched fullbody, with a possibility of it being lined and/or coloured! i don't do shading, though, sorry! i can never seem to figure out where the shadows go

what do you prefer/are better at drawing?
i prefer animals to humanoids, and i really like drawing felines and canines! if for some reason you want me to draw a plant, i'm fine with that too!

what's your style?
i consider myself to be a chibi artist, and i definitely don't draw very realistically!

examples:
check out the 'coloured in' versions of this thread and my gallery!

please follow this form if you're ordering:
Code: Select all
[b]i have an offer![b]
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name/s:[/b]
[b]reference/s:[b]
[b]preferred pose/s:[b] (headshot/bust/fullbody, smiling/sad etc.)
[b]payment:[/b]
[b]anything else?:[/b]

if you're ordering 2 characters at once, please let me know if you'd like them drawn separately or together!
Last edited by Ivystars on Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:31 am, edited 26 times in total.
leaving CS and giving away most of my pets :> if you find the code, pm me with it and you can take any one pet of your choice
Ivystars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ~ivy's cheap sketch shop~

Postby Ivystars » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:59 pm

this is just for my reference, please skip!

why are you reading?

i thought i did say for you to not read.

oh well, i'll just annoy you with a never ending drabble of words... did you know that a mouse has more neck bones than a giraffe? or that a crocodile finds it very, very difficult to turn while running? or that sharks actually cannot smell a drop of blood from 10 miles away? you probably didn't. would you like me to enlighten you with more fun facts? i bet you're about to turn your head away so you don't have to read more fantastically boring facts about random stuff. well, you should! because there's nothing to see here, because you shouldn't have been reading in the first place.

just kidding. there is stuff here. but in case you missed that, here's another misleading message:

you know there's actually nothing here. i just put it here to see who would fall for the trap and get their time wasted, haha! sorry!

but of course you don't believe that. heck, i literally just told you not to believe that.

if i ask you to go away, will you go away? please?

pretty please with a cherry on top?

i guess not. okay.

stopped reading yet? of course you haven't. fine. i give up. feel free to read my default message. for what, you ask? well, i guess you'll never know, since instead of pming me about this, you read it! but i'm just kidding. again. you'll be able to tell easily enough from the message itself.

and i bid you good day, sir or madam, for reading this far. yes, i actually do. i can relate to your curiosity. hm, in fact, i think i'll even give you a reward! if you pm me, asking for a cookie, you'll receive a sketched headshot of one of your characters, free of charge! but what if you don't have any characters, you ask? well, if you don't have any characters, you shouldn't even be in this topic, much less reading any secret messages i may or may not have left for people like you!!

done! here's a link to the thread: [link]
thank you for ordering!

To-do list:
~Mika (4) for SlicedFox (fullbody, tongue, wink)

Finished Orders:
~Unnamed for Solgaleo (bust, mischievous smile)
Last edited by Ivystars on Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
leaving CS and giving away most of my pets :> if you find the code, pm me with it and you can take any one pet of your choice
Ivystars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivystars » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:59 pm

posting or marking open!
Last edited by Ivystars on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivystars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: cheap sketches!

Postby lotus eater » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:46 pm

Mark!
Also, could i post the foum then send the trade? I just want to make sure if you dont accept any of my characters. Also, whats the general price? Thanks!
lotus/nine ♠ infp ♣ she/her
lotus eater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivystars » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Solgaleo wrote:Mark!
Also, could i post the foum then send the trade? I just want to make sure if you dont accept any of my characters. Also, whats the general price? Thanks!

yeah, that's totally fine, i was actually expecting people to do that ahahah, i'll go change the 'how this works' now

i don't really have a general price, it's kinda like pay what you want but not really. but i guess i go by the prices other people use, so maybe just what you think is fair combined with the general price around here? but if you really wanted to know i guess around 5-8 C$ or 2017-8 rare worth?

i think i need to add an FAQ lol

i probably will
Last edited by Ivystars on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivystars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lotus eater » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:39 am

i sent an offer!
username: Solgaleo
name/s: Currently Unnamed
reference/s: Here
preferred pose/s: Bust maybe? With a mischievous smile.
anything else?: Would this work as payment?
lotus eater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivystars » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:57 pm

Solgaleo wrote:i sent an offer!

accepted! i'll make a start, and you can send a trade over when you feel like it ^^
Last edited by Ivystars on Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivystars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lotus eater » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:23 pm

Ivystars wrote:
Solgaleo wrote:i sent an offer!

accepted! i'll make a start, and you can send a trade over when you feel like it ^^

Alright, sending!
lotus eater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivystars » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:33 pm

boop
Last edited by Ivystars on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivystars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivystars » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:28 pm

boop
Last edited by Ivystars on Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ivystars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me