Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

why minecraft. why. by clip ♡

Artist clip ♡ [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

why minecraft. why.

Postby clip ♡ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:05 am

I just bought Minecraft for my PC and every time I try to play it it crashes and says my driver doesn't appear to support OpenGL :c

I don't even know what that means. like. why
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
maddy - she/her - Image
hi, i'm clip! I'm an adult from
canada who cries constantly
and loves cats and cartoons.

about - - th - my art

clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: why minecraft. why.

Postby SpeedyJay » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:43 am

Hi! ^^ Sorry to jump in randomly, but I like messing with graphic settings lol
May I ask if you use Windows 10? I think OpenGL graphic support is only needed for the Java version which is purchased on their website--I believe it should work with Win 8.1 and below + Mac. There's a Windows 10 version on the Microsoft store alternatively if that's what you use.

I don't actually have Minecraft, so I can't check where it launches settings, but can you access graphic settings before it crashes? If you can, you may be able to change OpenGL to an alternative in the settings somewhere... I don't remember the name, but I think the alt is probably DirectX? Could be something else though. ^^'
Another thing you could try is to update your graphics drivers.

My Galaxy

Must rest

Art shop ❴Closed❵

SpeedyJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clip ♡ » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:10 am

SpeedyJay wrote:Hi! ^^ Sorry to jump in randomly, but I like messing with graphic settings lol
May I ask if you use Windows 10? I think OpenGL graphic support is only needed for the Java version which is purchased on their website--I believe it should work with Win 8.1 and below + Mac. There's a Windows 10 version on the Microsoft store alternatively if that's what you use.

I don't actually have Minecraft, so I can't check where it launches settings, but can you access graphic settings before it crashes? If you can, you may be able to change OpenGL to an alternative in the settings somewhere... I don't remember the name, but I think the alt is probably DirectX? Could be something else though. ^^'
Another thing you could try is to update your graphics drivers.

I do! I use windows 10 and bought the one on their website which is the java one. Does the java version not work with windows 10? I assume it would, but I could be wrong.

I'm not able to view the graphic settings as it crashes pretty much immediately, which sucks.

I actually have no idea what my graphic driver is or how to update it lmao,,, I'm not well versed in the inner workings of a computer aha.
maddy - she/her - Image

about - - th - my art

clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpeedyJay » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:50 am

clip ♡ wrote:
    I do! I use windows 10 and bought the one on their website which is the java one. Does the java version not work with windows 10? I assume it would, but I could be wrong.

I'm not able to view the graphic settings as it crashes pretty much immediately, which sucks.

I actually have no idea what my graphic driver is or how to update it lmao,,, I'm not well versed in the inner workings of a computer aha.

It's probably possible to use the Java version on Win 10, but I only know that some users have difficulty with getting it to work. I assume that's probably why they made another version for Win 10, but I'm not sure.

Since you can't open the settings, here's somethings to try:

- Look around the website or your e-mails and see if they gave you another download link to the Win 10 version. I heard they give you both if you bought the Java version, but I can't be sure.

- To update the graphics drivers, search in the taskbar "Device manager," open that and look for "Display adapters" on the list, then open that and right click on any/all of the devices it shows and click "update driver". Lastly, click "Search automatically for updated driver software." If they're not already up-to-date, they should be updating. Afterwards restart the pc.

- You can try to update Java to 64-bit if you don't have that one. But, oh boy, I hate installing Java. Something almost always goes wrong afterwards. I would do this as a last resort honestly. I haven't needed to reinstall Java in years, so if you have to do this, hopefully it is easier by now lol. I recommend fully removing your old Java first.

My Galaxy

Must rest

Art shop ❴Closed❵

SpeedyJay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eckvanet. » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:02 pm

people actually giving helpful advice:
me: suffer
Dude can I add to this I wish to assert Pocket Edition dominance

farewell, cs. selling all my pets for art
eckvanet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sardine » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:04 pm

imagine buying minecraft in this day and age instead of pirating it off the world's NUMBER oNE TRUSTED DOWNLOAD SITE 100% RECOMMENDED BY PROFESHIONALS AND INTELCKS ALIKE NO VIRUS FREE DOWNLOAD SITE and getting enough viruses to make trojan cry like right amirite imagine making a legitimate purchase off the internet

x
╔───────────────────────────╗

xxxxxxxxxxxFollowing ✓
fish guy

win C$500 + OMGSRs (every entry gets rares)
USD commissions open. black lives matter
11:32AM - Jun 26 2012
xxxxxx xxxxxxx

╚───────────────────────────╝
sardine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clip ♡ » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:04 am

SpeedyJay wrote:It's probably possible to use the Java version on Win 10, but I only know that some users have difficulty with getting it to work. I assume that's probably why they made another version for Win 10, but I'm not sure.

Since you can't open the settings, here's somethings to try:

- Look around the website or your e-mails and see if they gave you another download link to the Win 10 version. I heard they give you both if you bought the Java version, but I can't be sure.

- To update the graphics drivers, search in the taskbar "Device manager," open that and look for "Display adapters" on the list, then open that and right click on any/all of the devices it shows and click "update driver". Lastly, click "Search automatically for updated driver software." If they're not already up-to-date, they should be updating. Afterwards restart the pc.

- You can try to update Java to 64-bit if you don't have that one. But, oh boy, I hate installing Java. Something almost always goes wrong afterwards. I would do this as a last resort honestly. I haven't needed to reinstall Java in years, so if you have to do this, hopefully it is easier by now lol. I recommend fully removing your old Java first.

They only gave the Win 10 version if you bought the java one before feb 2018, I think? Sometime in 2018 lmao.

It says I already have the best driver for my device, which sucks. So I'll probably have to get my stepdad to call his computer friend to see if he can upgrade my computer, if that's what's needed.

Also I remember when I had to update java a few times last year,,, to say it was absolute agony is an understatement lmao. But I did some research and when you buy minecraft automatically updates to the needed java, which is such a relief honestly

eckvanet. wrote:people actually giving helpful advice:

me: i can't play minecraft i'm gonna die :(
    you: then perish

if you mean add to this as in colour it in then go wild. go ham. go absolutely feral

sardine wrote:imagine buying minecraft in this day and age instead of pirating it off the world's NUMBER oNE TRUSTED DOWNLOAD SITE 100% RECOMMENDED BY PROFESHIONALS AND INTELCKS ALIKE NO VIRUS FREE DOWNLOAD SITE and getting enough viruses to make trojan cry like right amirite imagine making a legitimate purchase off the internet

buying minecraft? I don't know her
    why actually buy stuff when you can pirate and get 12 different viruses. in this house we die like men
maddy - she/her - Image

about - - th - my art

clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eckvanet. » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:12 pm

eckvanet. wrote:people actually giving helpful advice:

me: i can't play minecraft i'm gonna die :(
    you: then perish

if you mean add to this as in colour it in then go wild. go ham. go absolutely feral

i do but i dont have access fren, ya gotta add me to the drawing

farewell, cs. selling all my pets for art
eckvanet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clip ♡ » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:10 am

eckvanet. wrote:i do but i dont have access fren, ya gotta add me to the drawing

oh my god I forgot to add you. oh my god i'm- i'm doing that right now
maddy - she/her - Image

about - - th - my art

clip ♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huddson » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:28 pm

sardine wrote:imagine buying minecraft in this day and age instead of pirating it off the world's NUMBER oNE TRUSTED DOWNLOAD SITE 100% RECOMMENDED BY PROFESHIONALS AND INTELCKS ALIKE NO VIRUS FREE DOWNLOAD SITE and getting enough viruses to make trojan cry like right amirite imagine making a legitimate purchase off the internet

this is utterly hilarious
Cecil/Ffwsia - two-spirit, it/its, aspec polyam vincian - autistic + others
Toyhouse
huddson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me