Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Entry 2 by albino polar bear

Based on Click to view
Artist albino polar bear [gallery]
Time spent 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Entry 2

Postby albino polar bear » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Link: Entry one

Genotype LL | WdWd (?) | oY | DD | aa | mcmc (?) | spsp | tata | acac (?) | wsws
Is this close to right?
What determines if the genes are dominant or receive?
Hi's not a tabby. Does he still need the spsp, tata, or acac genes.?
Last edited by albino polar bear on Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4837231]Image[/url

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4604830]Image[/url]

There's always time for a story.
albino polar bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry 2

Postby Chinchy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:54 pm

1) Do you mean dominant or recessive? Generally the easiest way to tell is that dominant genes have capital letters and recessive ones don't, other than that, you can also just check the genetics file
2) I suppose you could skip the tabby genes, I've seen a mod doing so so it's probably allowed
3) acac has nothing to do with tabby, it's the gene for curled ears, though the trait along with fdfd is dominant so that would show that it's absent

Other than that:
The genes for colourpoint are cscs, which would would be separate from what you already put
It seems like a blue point so you could maybe put BB somewhere also (the gene for black) and DD should be dd. DD would give you a black/seal point cat, whereas dd gives you the diluted version of a colour, black's being blue

WdWd and wsws shouldn't be there, not like that. First of all, you can't have them separate like that. You can have Wdws, but never WdWd and wsws since they're versions of the same gene. Wd denotes dominant white which makes a cat completely white, ws is for white spotting (wsws means more than half the cat would be white, wsw means less than half of the cat is white, but there is some), which there doesn't seem to be any of on the cat in question so the correct one to use is ww (no white). Bare in mind that the whiteish colour caused by pointing isn't white spotting

Does that make sense? I hope I don't come off as nitpicky or aggressive, I really don't mean to be
Chinchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me