Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

OC Concept Sketches by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

OC Concept Sketches

Postby Swirlshine » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:33 am

I know I have two OCs already, and idk if getting another is pushing it a bit too far for me of something, but I've had this idea for a while and I've SO BADLY wanted to do something with it! So I decided to test some stuff out at last! c:

A while back, I had the idea of making some type of character that has the ability to form a bubble around themselves at will, a bubble that blocks out all noise and makes the character invisible to others for the time being. Time and life still goes on outside as normal and can be seen through the transparent bubble, but the character can mentally control the bubble to go wherever it wants, as well as allow it to float stationary for a while. The said character uses this ability if they feel the feelings of anxiety, fear, or anger so strongly that they want some time in peace to calm down and think (it can also be used if they’re fine, but just want to be alone!). As long as no one sees or is paying attention to them when they use their ability, no one realizes they're missing, and once the character floats back down to land and deactivates the bubble, they'll be normally noticed again!

It probably sounds like a very strange thing to make up, but idk, I liked the idea and really wanted to try and do something with it! I wasn't sure what animal to make the character though, so I tested a few out up there, as you can see! I think I'll be going with a fennec fox - it's the one I found the easiest to draw and idk, I just seem to like it the most! In the top right are some names I thought fit, so I'll be trying to choose a name from those (I'm really liking Gailen for a male and Haven for a girl, but feel free to give opinions! I tried to choose names associated with calmness or quiet, since that's kinda what their ability is centered around)! I haven't chosen a gender just yet either, so I'll be doing that as well, XD.

Anywho, uh... yeah!! A new random OC will be coming soon, because... well, why not, right? XDD

(*Please do not use this idea or character, and if it's similar to someone else's out there, know I'm super sorry and I didn't intend for it to be! <3*)

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: OC Concept Sketches

Postby Lostfairy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:06 am

MORE SWIRL ART? YESSS!!! Ahhhh, Swirl! This looks incredible and amazing!!!!! ;-; I just love your poses - they are so creative and just GAH, I keep saying this but your art style is beautiful and pleasing to look at. ;-; I was studying this art for so long, hehe!

And ANOTHER SWIRL OC?!!! EVEN BETTER!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the concept of that bubble power. ;-; I can see why it’d be handy, ahh! It’s so creative and cool! You did such a good job with all these designs and that power idea. You’re amazing. <33

And those two names are my favorites too, actually!!! <333
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JK341 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:31 am

Ooh i am definitely loving your idea with this, that does sound like a nifty ability to have. ^^ I also agree that i think the fennec fox species design definitely suits this character the best! (plus who can resist their adorable faces, right!? I also am loving the names, as well! c:
Adult | He/Him

JK341

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:33 am

Lostfairy wrote:MORE SWIRL ART? YESSS!!! Ahhhh, Swirl! This looks incredible and amazing!!!!! ;-; I just love your poses - they are so creative and just GAH, I keep saying this but your art style is beautiful and pleasing to look at. ;-; I was studying this art for so long, hehe!

And ANOTHER SWIRL OC?!!! EVEN BETTER!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the concept of that bubble power. ;-; I can see why it’d be handy, ahh! It’s so creative and cool! You did such a good job with all these designs and that power idea. You’re amazing. <33

And those two names are my favorites too, actually!!! <333

Ommmmmm, you’re too sweet Lost, wow ;-; Thank you so so much!!!! It means a lot that you like the idea and what I drew for ittttttt c,: YOU’RE amazing! <333333

And ommm, really, you like those too? Ahh, thank youuuu! <33

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swirlshine » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:35 am

J-and-K341 wrote:Ooh i am definitely loving your idea with this, that does sound like a nifty ability to have. ^^ I also agree that i think the fennec fox species design definitely suits this character the best! (plus who can resist their adorable faces, right!? I also am loving the names, as well! c:

Ahh, thank you so so much, I’m really glad you like the idea and what character I chose (I definitely can’t resist fennec foxes, they’re too cute, XD)!!!! And the names too - all of that means a lot to me! <33

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me