Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Happy Birthday Gaten c: by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Happy Birthday Gaten c:

Postby Swirlshine » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:48 am

I wanted to draw today, but wasn't sure what to make, until I figured out via Instagram that it's Stranger Things actor Gaten Matarazzo's birthday! So I thought drawing him would be a cool way to honor his birthday! c:

Since I first started watching Stranger Things behind-the-scenes, interview, and tour stuff, I've definitely grown to like Gaten from what I've seen of him! He just generally seems really nice to others, pretty chill, honest, and funny - and of course talented! I actually have a bit in common with him as well apparently (including September birthdays that are a few days apart - mine is the 12th!), so that's cool! Idk, he just seems like a pretty cool guy to be around - I'd honestly like to just sit down and talk with him for a while or something, idk, XD.
Gaten's kinda hard to draw though, man, XD. He's got a really unique smile, and it's hard to capture in a style like mine without making it look strange, and uh... old? XD! I think it turned out alright though! c:

Well, I actually don't have much to say this time tbh! I'll be posting this on my Instagram, but that's not really info I need to type here, XD.
I used this photo as a reference, the timer is pretty much correct, and uh... the colors used on the words and stars are colors from two of Dustin's outfits in Stranger Things 3, XD!

I guess that's all... HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONEEEE <33

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Happy Birthday Gaten c:

Postby Chloe Grace » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:20 pm

Happy birthday, Gaten! :O

Your artwork looks so cute, Swirl! I really love how you drew him. <3 The small smile is adorable. CX For some reason, the jacket stands out to me and it looks really cool. Good job,Swirl!!! <333
Chloe Grace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Willow223 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:21 pm

happy birthday GATEN!!!!
{Artist} {She/her} {Artist}

Willow

{Artist} {She/her} {Artist}

https://discord.gg/ZkSjvjZ <<< Join my Chicken Smoothie discord
Willow223

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lostfairy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Awww, haha, this is so sweet!! ;__; I love how you drew Gaten!! It looks like himmmm!! THE SMILE WORKS SO WELL, trust me!!! <33 And wow, I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ON THISSSSS. The jacket (IT LOOKS EPIC, OH MY GOSH), the background, the shading! AHH!

From what LITTLE I know about him, he seems like a great guy! Super dorky and sweet! I love that Suho and Kai hung out with him, it was like, your favorite thing with mine! WONDERFUL. <33

I hope Gaten had a great birthday!! (happy belated bday, Gaten!! Hehe. xD)
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me