Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rook - rainclan npc

Postby Neon sparks » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:07 am

username; Lieutenant sparks
clan tracker; Here
npc name; Rook
npc physical description; Rook is a giant South American river otter. This is the largest breed of otter so rook is as big as an adult caiman. he has a soft short brown coat of fur with a white speckled blanket on his lower jaw down to his chest. he has huge flipper-like webbed paws and little brown eyes.

personality description; Rook is a clever but talkative guy. he doesn't seem much of others as other otters avoid him due to his over talking to pretty much everything. He's been caught multiple times talking to plants and other animals as if they can understand him and while he doesn't quite understand the entirety of the cat's language he does get enough of it to be able to hold a basic conversation. He is very friendly unless your a fish so if you can get past his chatter he's a rather good friend and incredibly loyal to those he trusts.
Rook loves to fish as any otter would but rarely gets land prey so its one of his favorites as a more exotic meal. Some of his favorite subjects are food, weather and the gossip from the monkeys that live on the northern side of the forest. He's happy to help bring friends around the river and deliver things to distant clans but land travel is not his strong suit, he hates long-distance land travel and tends to start complaining about paw pain pretty quickly. He loves to chase human fishing boats and will remember songs that they sing to latter copy as a way to occupy himself, he is an awful singer though.

history description; Rook was met by the cats during Shadowrains time as leader, he lives in the great river and had been singing rather obnoxiously scaring off prey and alerting everything in the area. Shadowrain sent cats to investigate the noise when they found him floating back and forth around the river singing at the top of his lungs. wary at first the cats stayed away from him, eventually, it took the whole of the warrior class hiding along the bank and watching him before some cat finally got the nerve to speak up to the massive otter.
To their surprise, he was very friendly to them even with all the eyes on him. It took a lot of getting used to before the cats trusted him. at first, some of the cats would simply ignore him. But gradually younger cats grew to like him which then drew in the rest until it became a normal occurrence to greet Rook when they walked the river border. He would even start helping hunting class by teaching the cats how to fish. Even though the cats lacked his webbed paws he was able to show them some decent techniques for fishing in the river and mangroves, solidifying the cats with a new ally.
During one wet leaf season, some new apprentices had gone missing on an early hunting mission in the territory. the cats fell to Rook to help them navigate the river where the kits had been sent to fish. one of the warriors even brave enough to ride on his back downstream into the mangroves. his help was invaluable as Rook was the one to find the Apprentices swept downriver and stuck on a log in the middle of the river. he was large enough to allow them safe passage home riding his back. Shadowrain granting him some of their land prey as a thank you and latter agreeing with him to become a regular clan member as he would be traded land prey to carry important messages to clans along the stream, ferry cats across the river and teach hunting class how to fish.
xXXXXXXXXXXzzzxxzXXxxxxxxUsed to be Lieutenant sparks

xx
xx

┌──────────────────────────────┐
xxxxxx| my toyhou.se | | my Deviantart | | Commissons are: Open |
└──────────────────────────────┘
┌──────────────────────────────┐

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
└──────────────────────────────┘

xx
ImageImage
Neon sparks