Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

letting go by troye

Artist troye [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
28 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

letting go

Postby troye » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:45 am

Well this is obviously a WIP. That's because it's 2 AM and I'm exhausted, plus I have no clue what to do for the background. Also I forgot many details.

This is a drawing of a dog I grew up with. She was like my baby. I loved her to the end of the earth. She was my best friend when I had no one.

Her name was Melody, her nickname was Sissy. Or Meloweenie ♥♥♥ She was a dachshund corgi mix. She passed away on 06/02/19 which was her ninth birthday. I've never in my life been so devastated. Ever. Did you know that the loss of a pet can actually cause your heart to break? It's called takotsubo cardiomyopathy and it actually happened to me after she died. I was just constantly having chest pains and couldn't breathe. I'm sorry if this is too much for CS. But it really just hurt me so badly. It was so unexpected, so sudden, and so painful.

But it does get better. They tell you that, over and over again, but it's true. It gets easier to look at the spot she used to lay on my bed. It gets easier to see her harness. It gets easier to be around other dogs again without thinking about her so much.
      That is true.

I knew I wanted to draw her again, I just didn't have the energy until now. P.S. I'm so sorry to anyone who has asked me for a commission. I'll try to get back to you when I am feeling better.

This drawing was, or is, difficult for many reasons. The first is she wasn't wearing that harness in the reference. I added it because she was wearing it so often that, for me, it is linked with her. So please forgive me that it looks so bad. The second reason is that I cried so many times drawing this? I almost expected it to be easier than it was, emotionally. But staring at a picture of her for hours was just a lot. Lastly, I have no idea what to do for the background, or if I should just leave it transparent? If you have any suggestions, please let me know ♥

Also, shoutout to Puppia (the brand that made her harness) I'm sorry I replaced your brand name with her nickname skjsjk thanks for making nice harnesses)

★ ★ ★
bandit / winter - they / them
adult
check out my trading thread <3
always feel free to pm / trade / anything,
it makes my day better !!

you can view my carrd here
rustyspoon is my bestie / wife (/j)
troye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: letting go

Postby SapphiraCain » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:11 pm

I think you've done brilliant job so far, especially in the face, I love it!

So many people have gone through the same, and understand the severe grief you can feel. I was heart broken too when I lost my cat, she was 14 and I had grown up with her my whole life. It's so difficult when they're no longer there.

I love the fact that you've done this piece and what it means to you, you've definitely inspired me to give it a try with my own as I don't think I would've dared to before. Thank you ♥
Trading Halloween Pets
SapphiraCain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me