Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

[1] by paperjack.

Based on Click to view
Artist paperjack. [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

[1]

Postby paperjack. » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:18 pm

catdoqq wrote:
    do you have any tips on human anatomy? what method works best for you?

The funky thing about this question is that I learned all my anatomy/humans from animation and friend's styles--so I'm not exactly sure what advice I can give, aside from analyzing styles and art of what you want yours to look like. But, tracing doesn't help at all, I tested it out.

However, when it comes to learning anatomy I draw a character I'm familiar with (in this case, Link--I draw him a lot more than my Oekaki may show). When you draw a character you know, it's easier to get a grasp of their anatomy and slowly improve your understanding/skill on drawing that character. It can be a bit tricky moving this development over to new characters, but the process will eventually repeat itself and you'll learn how to draw them, and improve your anatomy as well. I tend to use specific characters as bases for animal anatomy as well.

It may sound confusing, and I am not a credible person to get art advice from, but that's how it is in general for me! Also, try testing out a bunch of facial expressions and poses, that can help the most. Take sketches from pinterest, etc. and try and copy them by eye instead of tracing. This way you can see what areas you struggle on and improve whilst learning the human body! This is honestly something I should do more, but I'm more of a visual learner than muscle memory/physical.
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [1]

Postby Impish Twink » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:37 am

def gonna take this advice to mind and try it out! so many things pointing me towards pinterest lately its like a universal message or smething :o
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Impish Twink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [1]

Postby paperjack. » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:41 am

Daddy Darkest wrote:def gonna take this advice to mind and try it out! so many things pointing me towards pinterest lately its like a universal message or smething :o

haha, I think it's because pinterest has an endless supply of good sources and ideas for you to experiment with and attempt! I personally don't really do anatomy practices with stuff on there, I more like stare at fandom art and hopefully learn something from that x)
paperjack.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me