Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Owlets | Owlie Nursery | CLOSED by Tatangi

Based on Click to view
Artist Tatangi [gallery]
Time spent 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Owlets | Owlie Nursery | CLOSED

Postby Tatangi » Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 am

--------------------------------
Owlies are a species of griffin known for their owl like faces, unique tails, and thick, fur coats . They have a playful temperament with those they trust, but they also strongly bond to their owners. They can be anywhere from the size of a house cat to the size of buses. The more space they have, the bigger they will grow. Their diet consists of meat, but they are also known to eat berries and fruits. They prefer to live in snowy areas, but they have been seen around the world in many climates. What sets these creatures apart from other owl griffins is that they have thicker fur coats that keep them warm in colder climates. They are usually great companions for adventurers since they can be taught magic! since they are a bit bulkier than usual griffins, they tend to stay closer to the ground. They glide and fly to low altitudes but are not commonly seen too high in the air.

Baby Owlies, or Owlets, are born naturally. Unlike other griffin species, they are not hatched from eggs. Because of the cold climate they are use to, they are in need of a little extra warmth as newborns. When two Owlies are ready to have Owlets, they start to collect feathers from themselves or from others in order to keep their babies warm once born. They usually have no more than two at a time, but sometimes they have a few more depending on the time of year.

1. Species credit must go to Tatangi
2. Owlies are a Closed Species and has an official Archive to keep track of real Owlies
3. Owlies can be used in RPs or on RP sites as long as you credit Tatangi for the Species and the Artist for your Design.
4. As of right now, you are not allowed to sell your Owlies to others or create Owlies to sell. These may change in the future.

Nursery Rules
1. There will be a designated "season" for breeding.
2. Each season only allows so many slots for breeding tickets, so make sure to snag one quickly!
3. You must own an Owlie for at least a week before you are allowed to breed them.
4. Each Owlie is allowed 3 breeding slots.
5. If the same couple use all three of their slots, they will be gifted another slot and a special surprise.
6. There will be a post below that shows the artists that will create Owlets and how many slots they have open.
7. Sometimes Artists use their own feathers to buy extra slots for out of season breeding, so also keep an eye out for that!
8. Your Owlet may grow into an Owlie once an artist is open for growth slots! Keep an eye out for those on this thread or in the discord!
9. Any Gender combination is allowed! It doesn't always have to be male or female!
10. Traits are rolled by artists and are influenced by the parents!
11. Permission from both parents are required. It can be sent via pm to the artist, made as a response to the main thread or owlie's adoption thread, or screenshot.
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding Season Slots

Postby Tatangi » Wed May 22, 2019 3:10 am

Breeding Season

Slots Season starts 8/21/19

Tatangi
Slot one - ticket # - type of nest
Slot two - ticket # - type of nest

Artist Name
Slot one - ticket # - type of nest
Slot two - ticket # - type of nest
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Owlets | Owlie Nursery | CLOSED

Postby Tatangi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 am

Types of Nests

Rocky Nest
Two Owlies form a nest together, but something seems a bit off. Very little feathers were used to keep the nest soft and warm for the owlets, so only one was produced. This nest was made mostly of rocks. No feathers needed for this nest.

Rocky Nest is general breeding between parents. There are no special rolls needed and usually there are no traits passed down from the parents. A Standard Breeding results in one, common Owlet. Permission from both Owlie owners is required, so please have proof of it in either PMs to the Artist, responses on the Owlie's main thread and a link to said response, or screenshots of the owners' permissions. You can keep the Owlet, adopt it out, or gift it!

Feathered Nest
Two Owlies form a nest together, and they form a beautifully feathered nest. This nest is warmer than a rocky nest and allows two owlets to be born. 25 Feathers needed for this nest.

A feathered Nest is a breeding that most Rare Owlies go for. If both parents are rare, the owlets are guaranteed at least one rare trait from their parents (on one of the owlets). If one parent is rare, then the artist must roll a 3-6 for a rare trait, 5-6 for two rare traits.

Sheltered Nest
Two Owlies not only feathered their nest beautifully, but found shelter for their nest to call home. A small cave or hole dugout by one of the parents offers this nest a safe, dry, warm, and soft place to produce 4 owlets. 50 feathers needed for this nest.

A sheltered Nest is a breeding that guarantees two rare traits for the nest to share. Each Owlet has a chance to roll rare traits as well, which the nest builders (owlie owners) can decide to buy for an extra 15 Feathers, paid to the artist. This nest also guarantees four owlets.
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ticket Forms

Postby Tatangi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 am

Breeding Tickets

To claim a spot in the breeding season, you must fill out one of the following forms and provide payment, if needed, within 2 days from the acceptance of the ticket. Please be aware that feathers are the discord owlie currency so discord will be required for some breedings. If you have any questions, please message me!

Rocky Nest
Username:
Parents: (please link them)
Artist:
Owner Permissions: (please link proof to owlie owner permissions)

Code: Select all
[b][size=150]Rocky Nest[/size][/b]
[quote]Username:
Artist:
Owner Permissions: (please link proof to owlie owner permissions)[/quote]

Feathered Nest
Username:
Artist:
Payment: 25 Feathers

[b][size=150]Feathered Nest[/size][/b]
[quote]Username:
Artist:
Payment: 25 Feathers[/quote]

Sheltered Nest
Username:
Artist:
Payment: 50 Feathers

[b][size=150]Sheltered Nest[/size][/b]
[quote]Username:
Artist:
Payment: 50 Feathers[/quote]
Last edited by Tatangi on Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tatangi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Completed Tickets

Postby Tatangi » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:59 pm

Completed Tickets

Tickets