Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

✽ noctis | the nocturnal cat adopts ✽ by skarekrowkid

Artist skarekrowkid [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

✽ noctis | the nocturnal cat adopts ✽

Postby skarekrowkid » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:56 am

home | artist search | nursery | nursery artist search

nocti are a large felid of the subfamily felinae native to the americas. they are the largest of any wild terrestrial mammal in the western hemisphere. an adaptable, generalist species, nocti are found in most habitat types. secretive and largely social by nature, nocti are properly considered both nocturnal and crepuscular, although daytime sightings do occur. nocti are more closely related to smaller felines, including the domestic cat (subfamily felinae), than to any species of subfamily pantherinae.
they are ambush predators that pursue a wide variety of prey. primary food sources are ungulates, particularly deer. they also hunt species as small as insects and rodents. nocti prefer habitats with dense underbrush and rocky areas for stalking, but can also live in open areas. they are territorial but survive at high population densities.
territory sizes depend on terrain, vegetation, and abundance of prey. while large, they are not always the apex predator in their range, yielding prey they have killed to lone jaguars, American black bears, and grizzly bears, and to groups of gray wolves.
Last edited by skarekrowkid on Thu May 02, 2019 12:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
skarekrowkid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ✽ noctis | the nocturnal cat adopts ✽

Postby Tjebb » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:21 am

OOOFOOFOFOFOOOOOOOO

My Kalons
I no longer actively draw using Oekaki, but I'll try my best to use the forums and talk via dms and such!
Looking for art!

Image Image Image
Tjebb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me