Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Puddle by Swirlshine

Artist Swirlshine [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Puddle

Postby Swirlshine » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:58 pm

Creative title, I know. c:

Anywho, uh... here's thissssss? And I'm actually REALLY proud of how it turned out??

I set out to make some sort of "rainy" picture, since the weather inspired me, but tbh I've never figured out how to make anything droplet-y look realistic enough, and I didn't exactly want to draw falling rain either. I almost just went with a sky full of storm clouds for this, but then I randomly thought of a way I may be able to pull off a puddle, so I went with it, XD! It was actually SUPER fun to draw - I've never drawn water in a way where I'm proud of it before, but I can say I broke that streak here. C:

I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ripples, though. I half like them, half hate them? I was gonna make another version of this drawing without them but eh... I like them enough now so they can stay. XDD

The timer's a slight bit off, and please don't steal this - thank youuuuu! <3

I... really hope it's okay I posted this in Intermediate??? Idk, I just felt brave enough to try today, hehe <3

*Cat art in siggy made by ShablyGiraffe on RedBubble*
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

*NOT VERY ACTIVE ANYMORE, I just come on here to get monthly and event pets! I’m @swirlofserendipity on IG if you want to keep up with my art (it’s much better now, I promise lol)! <3*

Swirlshine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Puddle

Postby Lostfairy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:22 pm

Oh
My
Gosh
Is this not a real photograph?!!!
IT LOOKS SOOOOOO GOOD, WHAT THE HECKKKKK? All the shading, the ripples, the smoothness of the puddle... IT IS ALL HECKING AMAZING! You are really talented, ya know! Drawing something realistic is hard, I’ve never tried or done it but I’m sure it’s hard! XD BUT YOU. USE. A. TRACKPAD. THAT MAKES THIS EVEN MORE INSANE!!!!!

You’re, like, an art wizard. Seriously. I THINK THIS BELONGS IN INTERMEDIATE!!!!! <333
Lostfairy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TzatzikiTheLeg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:55 pm

Good job Swirlshine,very beautfiul!
I love opeth! dm me and we can chat about opeth
I also love septicflesh and hypocrisy and gus g. I just rlly love metal music
TzatzikiTheLeg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:16 am

Ooh, I love this very much! The details are so awesome and I love the sort of... atmosphere this creates? It's super awesome, and I loe the details and shadings a ton!!
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chloe Grace » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:08 am

This is gorgeous, OM! Swirl!!!! How the heck do you draw so well?!!! XD The reflection is stunning. <333 I have no idea how you drew this in less than a hundred years (a hundred years is how long it would take for me to do this even half as good).

Ahhh, the colors fit perfectly with the mood of a rainy day. SERIOUSLY, THIS IS HECKIN EPIC. I love the ripples in the puddle, too. They look amazing!

(I'm not sure why I always think of a music video when I see this drawing. XD For some reason it makes me think of the SHINee music video for Tell Me What to Do. I guess cuz there's a skyscraper building thing in it and there's a tall building in your drawing...? XDDD)
Chloe Grace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me