Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

:3 by TheGuardy

Artist TheGuardy [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

:3

Postby TheGuardy » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:10 am

Hi I'm new

tried to get pen pressure to work, but apparently pen pressure isn't talking to me today so I decided I'd make do without it, switched back to Chrome, and finished the entire face when pen pressure suddenly and mysteriously appeared, but *everything else* stopped working

now I'm confused and sad but here's some art
they/them - not technically a native speaker - does creative things occasionally I guess - doesn't bite, I swear
- TH - FR -

- offering free TH codes -
TheGuardy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: :3

Postby sparrow,, » Sun May 05, 2019 8:49 am

i might know whats happening:

on tool options, next to the tool where you can change the size of the pen, there is a bubble. to turn on pen pressure you have to click that bubble c:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    yo I'm comet, but you can also call me
    ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤlucifer c:
    she/her | digital drawing | animals

xxxxxdustcloud characters link ©
    ❝ We're not gonna hug in front
    xxxof this whole school. ❞
    ㅤㅤㅤ- Jughead Jones
sparrow,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: :3

Postby TheGuardy » Thu May 09, 2019 5:25 am

Good tip, but that's the first thing I tried. I pretty much grew up on various other oekaki boards, so Chibi/ChickenPaint is still second nature to me.

My best guess is that my tablet driver doesn't like oekaki in general - I'm working with an XP-Pen tablet, not the usual wacom (I had to replace Me Ol' Bamboo after almost ten years of faithful service because technology moved on since then, and was not about to throw a fortune at Wacom for what is, by all accounts, kind of a finicky mess), and while it's an amazing tablet that works with any art software I've tried, I wouldn't be surprised if it's just plain not compatible with oekaki applets.

I should be able to make do without pen pressure once I get used to it again, though, so it's really not that much of a loss.

Anyway, thanks a bunch regardless! I appreciate your helpfulness :>
they/them - not technically a native speaker - does creative things occasionally I guess - doesn't bite, I swear
- TH - FR -

- offering free TH codes -
TheGuardy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me