Artist snipsnops [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 6 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

sad boi #5 - ilomilo

Postby snipsnops » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:57 am

maybe looking at some dessert images/gifs could
distract them from what is troubling them.

Code: Select all
username:
name:

prettying up and extras are allowed.
ends on the 9th!
Last edited by snipsnops on Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

✦ snipsnops | she/her | artist | adult ✦

✦ Animation major, often very busy with school work
✦ Feel free to reach out on discord! @snipsnops
✦ Icon by shadeyenova, sig art by ceruleanwake

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: sad boi #5 - ilomilo

Postby snipsnops » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:52 pm

changed the prompt to something less specific! :,0

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Puppybreath » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:17 am

username: puppybreath
name: regulus. People call him reg but he hates it
dessert gif/image:
https://data.whicdn.com/images/304734301/original.gif
Let’s face it. Anime dessert is nicer than real dessert.
I kinda liked the first prompt too so I hope you don’t mind that I answer it for fun. What he’s looking for is a purpose in life. He always has an existential crisis to think about and it’s tiring.
Puppybreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:33 pm

username: Breado | name: Sefu ["sword" in swahili] | gender: M | dessert gif/image:
| |

Extra - Info about his story:
AU: dystopian urban fantasy
Sefu was created to protect an important magical book. He was never seen as a real feeling being by his creator and he basically never saw the world outside the underground library of his creator. When his master/creator disappeared, he was the only one protecting the book; the library became more and more neglected over time.
After a few years though, someone broke into the library and stole the one book he was created to protect. Failing at his task, he set out to find what was stolen before anything bad could happen.

The outside world is still new to Sefu; the city is run down and in ruins, which he likes, but people still live there and he just wants to avoid getting close to any humans as much as possible.
There's only one person he trusts a bit more than nothing: Morgan, a semi-dragon who's not much of a sunshine and happiness. With the fact that he's not fully human, Sefu accepts his help most of the time.

Extra - Personality:
Though he might look quite unwelcoming with his untrusting and shyish behavior, Sefu is an energetic and hard working creature. Though he's still unfamiliar with the world outside his library, he tries to learn the things necessary to survive out there.
Due to how his creator treated him, Sefu has a terrible fear of failure and doesn't really trust humans.
He's not that picky regarding food or shelter, but he will complain if things are not organized well.
So far, he's driven by only one thing: to get the Tome of Life back from whoever stole it.

Extra - Why that dessert?
This was basically his first real dessert. Morgan bought it for him, which was basically also the first time he experienced someone being kind to him, even if said someone doesn't show his affection to anyone.

Extra - Trivia about him and his world:
    - Since the last war, the city of Ravena has been divided into four sections: each are lead by a different faction: Noctariae, the "night owls"; Agreien, the "farmers"; Aereith, the "air cleaners; and Petoron, the "seekers".
    - After the last war ended, strange creatures started appearing, but they usually disappear when the sun rises. These are creatures the Noctariae faction is trained to fight with; they provide protection for the others in favor of their services. This is where Morgan came from.
    - Petoron is like a scout + scholar faction; this is the area Sefu came from.
    - Sefu was mistaken not once for the creatures of the night, even though he barely resembles them. People just became too paranoid over time...
    - Sefu has a fear of water due to a not so pleasant first experience with it: falling into a river being someone's first contact with water does not leave a good mark in that person... But at least this experience lead to him meeting Morgan.
    - Those silver clips on his body don't serve a purpose now. It used to hold his body together, but since it's fully healed now, he doesn't need to have them. Yet, he keeps them on for a reason even he doesn't know.
Last edited by Breado on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:51 am, edited 9 times in total.
Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:37 pm

extending the end date to the 9th!

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby its_loki » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:05 am

its_loki || xander cohen || male || ||

i've got a sickness, an illness; an anomaly, the profs called it. you're a freak of nature.

it happened one day, he's not sure when, he can't remember the date; but he'd woken up screaming, eyes shooting open and tears spilling from them from the searing pain of horns piercing through the skin of his head, his limbs, his body. a tail was elongating and splitting before his bleary eyes, and oh my god, oh my god, what's happening, please, what's going on? xander was crying, convulsing as agony wracked his body.

it wasn't till the soft hours of dawn leaked in through his blinds, pouring through the slats and spreading warmth through his room that xander gradually started moving, still trembling, shaking from the excruciating pain thrumming through his body.

what the hell, he asked the silent room, his voice cracking, what the hell? he was unable to shake the ice-cold, frigid fear he'd felt just hours earlier, unable to feel comforted by the sunlight, unable to pass it off as a nightmare, what with the reality of horns pushing through his skin, hard and real as the sun was a star, what with witnessing his tail grow and split before his very eyes, horrifying and bizarre as the earth was a planet.

xander blinked, before tracing the dried tear tracks on his face, feeling for the horns on his head, and shuddering at the searing pain that shot through him at the motions. his lungs were burning, and his throat was sore from sobbing. what's happened to me?... he wondered, closing his eyes, perhaps pleading for some god out there to save him, perhaps begging that death might claim him from this misery.

what did i do, he thought miserably, to deserve this?

"god, i can't believe this; your cells- the atoms themselves, they're undergoing mitosis and degeneration at a rate i've ever seen before—your body's being pulled apart and repaired simultaneously at such a rapid rate, it's a wonder your body hasn't completely ripped apart from the strain-"

"it is ripping apart. i feel like my seams are tearing. the very fibres of my body, it's like they're repelling each other, it hurts to move, it hurts to breathe. i want to crawl out of my skin. please, is there anything you can do? to- to stabilise this? to fix me? i can't escape this, anything i do makes my body burn from the pain."

"well, we could try to attach you to some stabilisers... they might be able to ensure your body doesn't tear itself other apart. of course, it'll lesson the pain, but there's no guarantee by what degree... there's never been a case like this before—or at least, never one to this extent. of course, there's a certain risk of losing your corporeal body if you endure too much strenuous activity. it might be a lot to take in, mr cohen, you might want to lie down as we tell you what we know..."

it was hours later, after they'd let him take in the information they had, that they'd attached stabilisers to his body, along his midriff, like ugly metal scars adorning his body and keeping him together. xander can't remember much about the procedure, the memory blurring as he fell into an anaesthetic-induced sleep.

"you've changed, xander, not just physically, but emotionally, too, and i don't know- don't know if i can handle it. it's not just hard on you, you know- all this. i'm trying, xander, i want to help you but i don't know if i can take it all, either... i don't want to say this, but you're- you're not being very easy on me, y'know." he'd said quietly to xander.

xander was lying face-up on his bed, and he was perched at the edge beside him, expression unreadable. xander's breathing was measured and slow, but his heart was sinking gradually in his chest, dread eating at him, because please don't tell me what you're going to say. anything but. he was yearning to scream it aloud, please don't say you'll leave me, but somehow, he couldn't muster up the courage to.

"what do you want me to do," xander said instead, gritting his teeth, "it's not my fault i came into contact with this freak virus. it's not my fault i've grown horns and another tail. what do you want me to do, beg it to leave my body? oh please, don't inhabit me! should i grovel for some god to fix me? evidently they don't care, if they'd wanted me to die, they could've just smote me as i stood. i couldn't even die intentionally if i wanted to, but i could for any other crappy reason like overexerting myself. how do you- how do you expect me not to change?" the anger in xander's voice had faded away as he spoke, and his last sentence trailed away softly, sounding rather broken, and pathetic.

"please don't say that." he said quietly. "you know i'm not blaming you. it's just- it's a lot for me to handle too. i want to support you too, but i can't if- i can't if you don't help me, too. and a relationship is just- a lot for me too. i just think, i think we should-"

"look, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to say that. i know what you meant. and i- i know what you're going to say," xander said dully, blinking rapidly as his eyes started to burn. "so please don't vocalise it. i just- i understand. i know it's an emotional burden on you. just please don't-" xander paused, his voice breaking, but he was patient, as usual, and didn't push him. "please don't leave me. you could stay as- as a friend. please. just please don't leave me to deal with this alone."

he bit his lip, eyes downcast and head bowed. "you know i'd never leave you to handle this by yourself."

xander took a deep breath, chest rising and falling slowly. "i'm sorry for pushing you away," he said quietly, and he didn't dare to look up, because he was scared of what he'd see on his face.

"you could never," he said softly, a trace of fondness in his voice still, but laced with melancholy and a certain sadness. "i'll always be here for you."

"thank you." xander murmured quietly, voice thick, closing his eyes as he reached out and gently wiped the tears from his eyes. "i appreciate that. thank you for being here."

xander cried out again, his voice hoarse as fat tears rolled down his face, as the energy from the stabilisers coursed through his body yet again. he was beside him, hushing xander quietly, a hand in his hair and stroking his head, the other grasping xander's hand quietly.

"you're safe," he said quietly."you're okay."

it was later that xander jolted awake again, chest heaving and drenched in cold sweat, only to find him sleeping, sitting on the floor, head on the couch resting beside xander, hand still grasping xander's own. and it was then that xander's heart ached again, yearning so desperately again for something that couldn't be.

"do you still... hey. hey... listen," xander slurred, waving a hand widely and ostentatiously, senses dulled by the alcohol running through his veins and ignoring the mild pain that shot through him in ripples. "i have to tell you sum'n."

he hummed, voice noncommittal, and not turning from the episode playing on the television screen. "what," he said, voice clearer, not being quite as intoxicated as xander. "what is it?"

xander frowned childishly, blinking slowly. "you... you're not paying attention... to me. look at me."

he sighed resignedly, before reaching for the remote and pausing the episode. "what do you want, xander?"

as he waited patiently—as always, xander thought, xander felt his heart twist in his chest. "do you... still like me?" he asked, words tripping over each other to leave his mouth.

thrown off, he blinked quickly, before replying carefully, "of course. you're still- my best friend. i could never hate you."

"i meant-" xander continued quickly, "do you still like me?"

there was a silence, and though the television was still running, the fan above them was still turning slowly, the air-condition was still quietly humming, it felt like something in the air had changed; like it had become thicker than honey, resting heavy on xander's tongue. but he pressed on, anyway.

"because i- i miss you. so much... you're here, but... it's not the same- as before." his heart was beating quicker, and even in his intoxicated state he could feel him flinch as if xander had aimed a blow towards him.

"xander, i- i think you're drunk. please don't-" he mumbled quickly, and xander could tell how evidently he was uncomfortable, because before xander could open his mouth again he was reaching for the remote on the coffee table, jerkily and unnaturally, as if to merely do something, anything to move him out of xander's space.

"sorry, i-" xander began, but then, suddenly, he could feel bile forcing its way up his throat, and "i''m going to throw up," was all he managed to get out, before he was stumbling towards the bathroom, head overly heavy, and yet feeling like it was disconnected from his body.

after a moment's hesitation, he followed him again swiftly, padding after xander and crouching beside him while he threw up in the toilet, a hand resting against his back and another gently moving the hair out of his face, uttering soothing words into his ear.

it was a while before they were seated in front of the television again, and xander was back on the couch, head resting in his lap, eyes closed and listening to the droning on of the characters' voices on screen. his hands were petting xander's hair tenderly, eyes turned towards the screen.

no words were spoken, but the tension in the air was heavy, and xander could feel that the topics of today wouldn't be broached again any time soon; that any words uttered would be blamed on the alcohol, and any feelings felt would be hidden under the impending headache of tomorrow's hangover.

"sorry i'm so useless," xander murmured one day, half to him, and half to the wind of the evening breeze.

they lay there in silence for a while more, staring at the stars as they lay on xander's patio, and xander was beginning to think that he hadn't heard him, which was okay—he wasn't sure if he wanted to be pitied, anyway.

until he suddenly piped up, hesitantly, as if testing the waters. "don't apologise. you're not."

xander paused, and with a quiet sigh he continued, voiced hushed, as, while it was just the two of them alone out here, it was as if the nebulas and stars and galaxies above them were listening to them too. "why do you treat me so nicely?"

he blinked, and out of his peripheral vision, xander could see him turn his head slowly to face xander.

"it's only right. you're still my best friend."

xander shuddered, closing his eyes, overwhelmed from the sheer emotion filling his body. and suddenly, it was as if his whole heart was spilling over, yearning to confess thousands and thousands of the unspoken words xander kept within him, and like a dam broken, tears involuntarily began to leak out of his eyes. he reached up to wipe them off, a little too aggressively, because suddenly his body was reeling again, and he cursed, before sitting up and hunching over, trying to control his tears.

"i don't understand. i've not been fair to you," xander murmured quietly. "and you know that."

with a soft shrug, he shook off the statement, matter-of-factly replying, "i know that. but it doesn't matter to me, i- i understand. it's been a lot on you." he was so nonchalant about it, too, as if xander's stupid problems, xander's constant breakdowns, xander's dumb, obvious yearnings weren't an important factor to him. and xander's heart positively ached. he was about to say something again, but then he sat up too, moving closer to xander and tentatively lifting his arms as if ask for xander's permission to give him a hug.

xander exhaled shakily, before nodding, and was gently pulled into an embrace. his nose was pressing into xander's hair, and his arms were wrapped around xander's frame. "it's- it's alright, xander. give yourself time too. everyone needs time to heal. don't be harsh on yourself."

xander could feel the heat radiating from his body, and closed his eyes to savour the warmth in his heart.

"you know," xander began again, "i'm sorry that i made things go south." he felt him open his mouth to protest, but xander cut him off. "the reason i- the reason i loved you was because you were always so kind. and i-"

xander paused, feeling him stiffen mildly. "i don't- don't want to say that i don't want us to be back together. because i do. but i know that without you, i don't know what i'd do. so thank you for sticking around for me. genuinely. even though you're my best friend and all. i know it's a burden on you too. marcus."

everything seemed to go a little more silent—even the crickets' humming seemed to have dulled. and it's just the two of them again, for even the stars who were listening in earlier seem to have faded away when all xander can focus on doing is stare determinedly off into the distance to avoid marcus' gaze.

"you know," marcus said quietly, "i could never leave you. i still do love you."

xander inhaled sharply, and there was a pang in his chest, but somehow, he felt like he'd already known.

"doesn't it hurt more for you, then?"

marcus sighed, before tenderly reaching to tilt xander's head back to face him. "i needed the emotional break from our relationship for my own health, but i couldn't- i couldn't leave you to suffer alone."

noticing how easily he'd evaded the question, xander swallowed, feeling a lump in his throat again. "sorry. i know it's painful for you too."

"don't keep apologising," marcus said sternly, before continuing. "but i- i suppose the feeling's mutual. but i think we both need some time and space first, okay? let's not put a strain on things for now." he paused again. "we'll see how- how it goes, i guess. but i'm sure everything will work out in the end."

"okay," xander hummed quietly, his heart suddenly feeling immensely lighter. "okay."

perhaps- perhaps everything would be alright, xander mused. and for now, perhaps it could be just them and nothing else but the stars in the night sky.

mfjdlkfjd sorry !!!!!! i wrote So much !!!! i hope this is ok !!! i just Really felt the urge to write for this babie..
    ᴛ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴛ ᴘ ᴇ ᴏ ᴘ ʟ ᴇ ᴡ ɪ ᴛ ʜ ─────
    x──────────────────── [ ʜ. sᴛʏʟᴇs ]
    i⦅ loki || she/her || pisces || infj || tired ⦆
    i┌───────────────────────────┐
    xxsorry if i leave pms on read,,, i'm in
    xxa rough patch atm; promise i'm not
    xxignoring u! will b mia for health !!
    i└───────────────────────────┘
its_loki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:17 am

good luck everyone!
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:10 pm

i'll post the results either tonight or tomorrow!! y'all made this so hard omg, i might have to make a ru or somethin ;o;

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby its_loki » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:01 am

oops, sorry, i've been so busy i forgot to check on this aaaa,, good luck everyone! (:
    ᴛ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴛ ᴘ ᴇ ᴏ ᴘ ʟ ᴇ ᴡ ɪ ᴛ ʜ ─────
    x──────────────────── [ ʜ. sᴛʏʟᴇs ]
    i⦅ loki || she/her || pisces || infj || tired ⦆
    i┌───────────────────────────┐
    xxsorry if i leave pms on read,,, i'm in
    xxa rough patch atm; promise i'm not
    xxignoring u! will b mia for health !!
    i└───────────────────────────┘
its_loki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snipsnops » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:39 am

omg sorry this took me forever to get to!!
it was really hard to choose, so i had a few friends help me out ;o;
its_loki is the winner!
i loved the relationship you gave him, and i can tell you put a lot of effort into the writing!

however, i'd like to create an ru for Breado so that you can still use your ideas because i loved them!!
i love the world you built around him and the relationship with Morgan too.
it'll look similar to this boyo, so maybe they are siblings??? :0
y'all can decide!
thank you guys for your patience <3

i should have the ru up later today!

about me // toyhouse
snipsnops

My pets
My items