Kenjiro Kuhara by Laughingfruit

Based on Click to view
Artist Laughingfruit [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kenjiro Kuhara

Postby Laughingfruit » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Adopt made by raccoon bandit! From the thread: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3996777
TH page: https://toyhou.se/3540980.kenjiro-kuhara

character's name;; Kenjiro Kuhara
character's hero name;; The Kindling Hero: Ignite

quirk: This young hero in training combats his enemies with the "Oil-Spill" quirk! The oil-spill quirk allows him to secret oil through the tips of his fingers and palms and mutate the flow to his liking, ranging anywhere from completely no secretion to a powerful jetstream of the thick, tar-y substance. Not only is this quirk useful for immobilizing enemies by being able to temporarily blind them or trip them up, but our young oil-spill hero also carries a lighter with him so he can set his puddles on fire! The drawbacks of this quirk include: Not being able to secret more than three and a half gallons a day (at the moment!), not having immunity to being blinded by/slipping on/or fire caused by his quirk, and if overused this hero gets extreme muscular cramps all the way up his arms. He may be unable to control the flow of oil for the next 24-48 hours (which could mean either no flow or too much flow) and oil may start to leak from other orifices (such as eyes, ears, mouth, and nose) which will immobilize the hero.

backstory ;;
Kenjiro was three when he first gained his quirk one day. His parents struggled at the time due to him having little control at first, oil suddenly starting and stopping leaking from various parts of his face and hands at different times. It took a month of guiding him and teaching him how to shut off the quirk at will until he finally managed to. In the time he took to learn, he remained at home to avoid him accidentally leaking in public, not to mention at home he had stained many toys(some which he still has), blankets, and carpeting.

cont'd backstory ;;
Kenjiro always had pressure on him to be successful, the pressure coming mostly because his elder brother, who was a NEET. His parents were both lawyers, and worked often so he did a lot of work around the house, and when he was old enough cooked for him and his brother and parents. Due to their jobs, his parents were often busy and away from home. Whenever they were home, they were still working, sleeping, or the few times they had conversation, would ask him about what he wanted to be. He always wanted to be a hero, but his mother didn't support it, saying the true heroes were the ones doing the hard work, and that pro-heroes were simply brutes looking to stroke their ego's and who were unable to do anything else, and he almost agreed with her.
Then, he entered middle school. Early on, he befriended a girl who was hyperactive compared to his own more composed self, and throughout schooling, she helped push him out of his comfort zone that was of studying and doing what his parents wanted. And when she learned he wanted to be a hero, she didn't let it go and encouraged him constantly to follow that dream, probably so strongly because she herself was actively wanting to become a hero as well. It was due to her pushing that he stood up to his mother and insisted that he wanted to go to a high school for training to be a pro-hero. She was against it, but as he continued showing persistence, she gave up.
Call me Dango

---------------------------------
Icon is by E u p h o r i a
Sig image by ☾Khonjin☽
Laughingfruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me