Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Mahu Shadow Clans V.2 || Open by kiwipen

Based on Click to view
Artist kiwipen [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Mahu Shadow Clans V.2 || Open

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am

Limit of Text XXXXXX
x
x
x
x
x
x
welcome, traveller, to mahu shadow clans. rest your weary paws
a while. mahu shadow clans is a closed feline arpg where you
may make a clan of cats for yourself or the tribe of your
dreams. the specices here are called mahu, and they are
complex creatures with rich lore for you to sink your teeth
into. don't like our lore? the game is open ended for you to
make the story you want to write.

welcome to this game, and may the shadows forever guide you.

--------------------------------
Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 9 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mahu Shadow Clans V.2 || Do Not Post

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 am

x
Last edited by kiwipen on Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:34 am

|| SPECIES ABOUT ||

The Cave Crawler moves towards you, the sound of ancient bones scraping against rock greeting your ears....

Species About

Mahu are large, felinoid creatures with lithe bodies and large ears. They are an old, ancient species that once lived exclusively in underground caves. With the blessings of their Gods, or perhaps just nature taking it's course, they have long since been able to live above ground just fine. They don the skulls of various animals, in order to protect themselves. Many are born blind, or entirely eyeless. However, this does nothing to impede their abilities to survive. With excellent hearing and exceptional senses of touch, Mahu are still considered formidable predators.

The Mahu creation story details the story of the first Mahu, a wild cat born without sight and abandoned by those who birthed him. His name was Kerah. Kerah was blessed with sight beyond sight. He met his lover, Nikt, whilst he was learning to survive on his own. Together, the two would ultimately come to create the first generation of Mahu. These Mahu would live in caves, generation after generation, living their lives in honor to Kerah and Nikt.

It was in those first generations of Mahu that exceptional Mahu would step forward. Their stories are their own, however, their names lived on far past their own lives.

Species Rarities

Coats

Mahu Coats can be any natural color present in canines, felines, or equines.
        However, pure white and albino Mahu are reserved for special occasions.

Other Rarities
          Common -
          Feline or Canine Skull
          Piercings (2-4)
          No Eyes Or Blind
          2 Accessories
          Facial Edits (Fangs or Tongue)
          Premade Tails

Uncommon
          Ram, Deer, or Smilodon Skull
          Piercings (5-6)
          Body Feathers
          3+ Accessories
          Custom Tail or Ear Edits
          'Hair' Edits ( Any Length )

Rare
          Raptor or Bird Skull
          Piercings (7+)
          Working Eyes
          Longer Fur
          Hair Dye (Unnatural Colors in Hair)
          Body Paint (Unnatural Colors or Markings on Coat)

Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 8 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:34 am

|| R U L E S | |

Personal Conduct:

Mahu Shadow Clans is a closed feline ARPG group and you may not make your own characters based off of it without being part of the group.
      We have no control over inspiration, however, and will not go out of our way to witchhunt anyone.
      You may not use our base in order to sell premade designs. You may, however, offer custom designs in exchange for whatever prices you feel fit.
      Mahu may be roleplayed and may be fursonas.
      Mahu may not be co-owned.
      Be kind and respectful to other Mahu owners.
      Hate for any particular group of people is strictly not allowed.
      Please ask permission before making threads based around Mahu. Roleplay threads do not require permission.
      Please do not moderate our threads for us.
      While artwork you make for competitions is yours, poor sportsmanship or simply 'ripping' the artwork from the competition simply because you lost will result in a strike in the species.

Transferring Rules

You may trade and gift any Mahu within Mahu Shadow Clans.
      You may not resell any Mahu for C$ that you did not personally pay C$ for.
      You may accept artwork or writing in exchange for your Mahu.

Both parties must have an established and registered Clan.

There is a one month cooldown between ownership transfers per Mahu.
      This includes kits; once the kit has been assigned an owner, it may not get a new one until one month of ownership has passed.

To transfer a Mahu, both individuals must post on the Mahu's official thread.

Breeding

Mahu can be any romantic or sexual orientation.
      Mahu may participate in monogamous or polyamorous relationships.
      Mahu can breed with one other Mahu regardless of gender.
      Mahu may be bred an unlimited amount of times in their lifetime.
      Breedings have a set amount of children that are rolled for each time unless a Trial or God's Blessing allows for any deviation outside of that.
      Breedings may roll random mutations based on certain parental factors.
      Artists are allowed to take private breedings as long as the owners are kept informed through the entire process. Finished Mahu kits must still be made public and registered.
      Additionally, artists must still host one public breeding for every private breeding they do.
      Inappropriate relationships between Mahu are not allowed.
      All breeding related bonuses must be on the nursery ticket when it is posted.

Banning and Ownership Policy

If you are banned from Mahu, your Mahu are retired from the ARPG and considered deceased. You may remove the Mahu from retirement by transfering the Mahu to someone else within the group that isn't banned. You are only allowed to gift it, however; no trades are allowed.
      You may not transfer your Mahu to a banned user for any reason.
      If you have been banned from any of my previous species on or off CS, you are automatically banned from this species and may not participate.

You may readopt your Mahu at any time you would like.
      To prevent working around our currently set in place rules, it is required to allow a staff member to host the readoption. You may, however, decide how it is decided, whether by raffle, or a certain prompt, or anything you so choose.
      Staff Rules

Artists may hold any competition type for their adopts.
      Trial Artists may not take payment for adoptables or nursery batches, and they cannot take private nursery tickets.
      Full Artists may take payment for adoptables and nursery batches with approval from species owners. They may take private nursery tickets.
      Staff will step in to decide the fate of a Mahu nursery batch if both parties cannot come to an agreement within 30 days of the batch being posted. A coin flip will be used to determine where children go.

Trial Artists receive one personal custom after their Trial.
      Full Artists will receive one custom each month, whose rarity is determined by the work they've done during the month.

These rules are subject to change at any time.

Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:35 am

|| F O U N D I N G A C L A N || L E V E L I N G U P ||

You do not need to own a Mahu in order to found a Clan; in fact, you cannot own a Mahu UNTIL you found a Clan!
      To found a Clan, you must make a post to store all of your Mahu information in the Character Storage section of the forums.

You must name it, and make a dedicated post to describe the Clan, list out it's members, and tallying your Clan Level Up tasks. Each of these may be separate or all on one post.

Your Clan can be any social structure you choose. You may choose to have it follow the Warrior Clan's way of arranging things, the Ancient Clan's way of arranging things, the Tribe's way of arranging things, or something else entirely. Perhaps a band of rogues, or the next up and coming BloodClan. The choice is yours, and we allow our participants total freedom in crafting stories they're attached to. It does not need to be named a Clan, either!

Once founded, you may begin participating in Mahu Shadow Clans. You may adopt your first Mahu, purchase customs, or be gifted/traded other Mahu.

|| Founder Tokens ||

If you owned a Mahu from Mahu Shadow Clans v.1, we will honor it and allow you to transfer it into the new Mahu Shadow Clans.
      You can, eventually, transfer all of your Mahu over, however, you still must level up your Clan to allow you to own that many. That being said, every time you want to transfer an already owned Mahu over, use this form.

Code: Select all
      [b][size=120] I'm using a founder token![/size][/b]

username;
      link to mahu being transferred;
      link to clan;

|| Custom Ordering Form ||

Ordering a custom? Use this form to fill it out.

Code: Select all
      [size=100] ordering a c u s t o m [/size]
      username;
      link to clan;
      artist chosen;
      skull type; common and uncommon
      accessories; up to uncommon amounts
      visual description; no other uncommon or common traits may be used.

|| Leveling Up ||

We allow users to eventually own as many Mahu as they would like. However, for your Clan to accommodate that many members, some work must be put in to ensure the Clan is able to sustain itself. Clans have a leveling system, and you earn more Levels by developing your Clan and the Mahu in it.

Level 0

All Clans start here. While there isn't a lot you can do at this stage, you can start thinking about what you want to do and what your Clan might be like. Is your Clan a, well, Clan? A Tribe? A gaggle of cats? These are all things to consider.

Limits: 1 Mahu in your Clan.
      Leveling Up Requirements:
      -Create your Clan tracker.
      -Adopt your first Mahu via customs, founder tokens, adoptions, or gifts.
      -Brush up on the rules!

Level 1

You're ready to take your first pawsteps towards greatness. However, before you can run you must walk.
      Limits: 2 Mahu
      -Leveling Up Requirements:
      -Describe your Clan (150+ words)
      -Describe your leader (200+ words)
      -Describe your leader meeting their new Clan member. (200+ words or 1 art piece with lines , color, and headshot minimum )

Level 2

You're heading in the right direction, and the Creator will be pleased. Have you thought about the Gods yet?
      Limits: 4 Mahu
      -Draw or write about your Mahu learning about one of the Gods of the Mahu pantheon. 400 words or 1 Fullbody picture with color and simple background minimum.
      -Give one of your Mahu a backstory and personality.
      >> 100 Words required for each.

Level 3

You establish yourself as a trustworthy leader and your Clan has sturdy foundations. You have now unlocked the ability to breed your Mahu.

Limits: 6 Mahu
      - Your leader must take part in one of the many trials the Pantheon of Mahu have to offer. Your leader must complete a full set of trials and receive a blessing.
      - Give another one of your Mahu a backstory and personality.
      >> 100 words required for each
      - Complete your choice of one of the Clan Leveling Prompts

Level 4

With the blessing of your chosen God [ or lack thereof] now upon your shoulders, the shadows are starting to whisper your name on the wind. However, life goes on, and onwards you press towards destiny.

Limits: 10 Mahu
      - Give another one of your Mahu a backstory and personality.
      >> 100 Words required for each.
      - Draw or write about one of your Mahu.
      >> 300 Words requirement, may include multiple Mahu.
      - Complete your choice of one of the Clan Leveling Prompts.

Level 5

With power comes great responsibility, and a rival Mahu Clan has gotten wind of your accomplishments. You will have to work hard to overcome this immense challenge.

Limits: 15 Mahu

- Draw or write about your Mahu leader fighting another Mahu Clan's leader.
      >> Writing must be 500 Words. Art must be fullbody, shaded, with a reasonably detailed background. [ Five elements ]
      - Draw or write about your Clan recovering from the battle.
      >> Writing must be 500 Words. Art must be fullbody, shaded, with a reasonably detailed background.
      >> Complete your choice of one of the Clan Leveling Prompts.

Level 6

You have overcome this giant obstacle, emerging victorious out of the throes of war. Time to use your victory to make your Clan even stronger.

Limits: 20 Mahu
      - It is time for another member of your Clan to go through a set of Trials.
      - Participate in one breeding.
      - Answer this prompt:
      >>> "Your Clan is growing and your leader can no longer manage it by themselves. Do they seek the help of a mystic (medicine cat/oracle/etc.) or a deputy? If not, how do they go about working around this obstacle?"
      >>>>>> The requirements for this passage is 1,000 Words or a small comic with at least three panels.

Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:29 pm, edited 9 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mahu Shadow Clans V.2 || Clan Leveling Prompts

Postby kiwipen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:07 pm

|| C L A N L E V E L I N G P R O M P T S ||

What are Clan Leveling Prompts?
      Clan Leveling prompts are additional prompts that you can complete in order to level up your Clan. You may also just complete them for fun.
      All Clan Leveling Prompts have a requirement of...
      >>> If writing, 500 Words.
      >>> If artwork, all cats must have 75% of their body depicted with full color, and a background in which there is medium or greater detail. A sky, a tree, and some grass is not enough. We count five elements of the photo to determine if it's appropriate.

• Your Clan's Mystic / Medicine Cat / Stoneteller receives a mysterious message. How do they find meaning in it?
      • Sickness affects one of your Mahu's close loved ones. How does this affect your Mahu, and what do they do to help their loved one pull through?
      • Your Mahu has a rival. Who are they, and how did they come to be rivals?
      • One of your Mahu apprentices / to-bes / young cats sneaks off on their own, and your Mahu is sent to retrieve them. What were they up to?
      • Your Mahu bonds with another cat while training as a young cat
      • Your Mahu runs into another Mahu while checking the territory borders. How do they react?
      • Your prey is scared off while you're out hunting. What scared it off, and how does your Mahu react?
      • Your Mahu discovers a rogue, mangy and starving, eating some of your Mahu's Clan's food. How does your Mahu respond?

Here are some one word themes that you may also use, and interpret entirely as you wish.
      • Teamwork
      • Loneliness
      • Family
      • Parents
      • Children
      • War
      • Anger
      • Pure Hatred
      • Total Sorrow
      • Scars

Clan and Cat Development Prompts
      These are entirely optional and have no gameplay effects. However, they may help you develop your characters and Clans more.
Last edited by kiwipen on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiwipen » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:36 am

R e s
kiwipen